Wigan squad for Castleford (R1)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Wigan squad for Castleford (R1)

Post by Barney841 »

I think Smith will cop a ban
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

endoman wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:17 pm If current rules applied in the Manly game I wonder how many would have been left on the field, and how many weeks bans would be dished out. Thought the Watts one was harsh, don't think anything worthy of a ban in the game. If the same things happen 3 months into the season it's different, but game 1, when no one really knows how it will be policed, despite the pre season meetings etc, some leniancy should be called for.
But they did know how it would be policed, the officials have been to every club pre-season.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:00 pm
I genuinely think this could go either way in Smith's case. From what I can recall Smith has no history of disciplinary issues so has a good record to take into account. The incident itself was unfortunate, in difficult conditions and Smith didn't drive his opponent into the ground, so maybe some mitigation. I doubt a high-profile game will make any difference or that, as some have suggested, the RFL can choose which game(s) he would banned for if a ban is imposed. All pure speculation of course but his past record may just go for him. Fingers crossed!!
I agree it could go either way; I'd say it's 60/40 in favour of a ban. But I think to suggest there's no chance of a ban is ridiculous.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

If smith gets banned put farrimond in they are playing a rookie at 6 lets see if he can handle it i feel that he can
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:57 am If smith gets banned put farrimond in they are playing a rookie at 6 lets see if he can handle it i feel that he can
Definitely,hes a seven so play him.I reckon they will go with rocky though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Smith and Ellis will get banned but so did Lino but his ban didn’t come in the following weekend as he played for Wakefield yesterday. Don’t know why but would have thought they will do the same for our two. As the RFL should be looking to showpiece our game on BBC and without these two
puts a dampen on the match.

As Farrimond is a natural 7 and comes with a glowing reputation, I would give him the nod, but think Peet. will take the less riskier option and play Hampshire.

Looking at the season is it better to lose them for the Penrith match or Huddersfield or other super league matches?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

With these new rules i feel that most teams will be dweating on a monday morning waiting for notification from the rl personally i do not go to matches to listen the ref blowing his whistle all day if it carries on we will not attend matches