Thompson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Thompson

Post by widdenoldboy »

the pieman wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:46 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:32 am Thompson had a head clash around 4 minutes and was in discomfort but he did play on till around 16 minutes when the trainer ran on to him and took him for the HIA.
Yes, he took a drive into about 4 Cas players, and you could see on TV he got up a little gingerly in the background

On TV they showed a clash with another Wigan players knee, and thats when they took him off for the HIA
Ah yes, I can see that now - thanks Pieman.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:50 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:32 am Thompson had a head clash around 4 minutes and was in discomfort but he did play on till around 16 minutes when the trainer ran on to him and took him for the HIA.
Yes, he took a drive into about 4 Cas players, and you could see on TV he got up a little gingerly in the background

On TV they showed a clash with another Wigan players knee, and thats when they took him off for the HIA
I didnt think he clashed with a players knees, it looked to me like an elbow from the Cas player that eventually split the eye open
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

If I am not mistaken, didn't Luke Thompson miss quite a lot of games in the NRL whilst playing for Canterbury, due to failed HIAs.
It seems to be on ongoing issue with him, hopefully this dosen't come back to bite us, NOT another George Burgess.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:30 am If I am not mistaken, didn't Luke Thompson miss quite a lot of games in the NRL whilst playing for Canterbury, due to failed HIAs.
It seems to be on ongoing issue with him, hopefully this dosen't come back to bite us, NOT another George Burgess.
He did have issues last season.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

WarriorWinger wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:16 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:50 am

I didnt think he clashed with a players knees, it looked to me like an elbow from the Cas player that eventually split the eye open
Yeh, he got 3 knocks to the head before going off (at least!).

The one on 4 minutes was a full on head clash and seemed to be the worst one.
Around 15 minutes he was tackled high near Cas try line and was clearly whincing.
Just after that he attempted a tackle and was fended off high and then dropped onto Byrnes knee and was then taken off.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:30 am If I am not mistaken, didn't Luke Thompson miss quite a lot of games in the NRL whilst playing for Canterbury, due to failed HIAs.
Bloody hell !!! The lad splits his head in a tackle and already people are comparing him to George Burgess.
Some people on this site completely baffle me at times.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

bertina wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:44 am
Bloody hell !!! The lad splits his head in a tackle and already people are comparing him to George Burgess.
Some people on this site completely baffle me at times.
I think quite a few people raised concerns with his HIA record, prior to his signing.
Just saying, hope it dosen't come back to haunt us.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

The HIA issues were the year before - he's had a long break pretty much not playing at all last season without an issue so hopefully that stands him in good stead.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Big Steve wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:47 pm The HIA issues were the year before - he's had a long break pretty much not playing at all last season without an issue so hopefully that stands him in good stead.
Perhaps because he didn't play much last year, was the reason he didn't have HIA issues.
First full game and he is out with a HIA and I know it was a freak friendly fire HIA, but let's see what happens in the next games.