Farrell previews Betfred World Club Challenge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Farrell previews Betfred World Club Challenge

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Farrell spoke ahead of Saturday’s highly anticipated Betfred World Club Challenge against NRL Champions Penrith Panthers.

Farrell: “I’m always amazed by the Wigan fans, they just seem to turn out in numbers.”

Watch the full Betfred World Club Challenge press conference on Wigan TV HERE.

WIGAN WARRIORS CAPTAIN LIAM FARRELL PREVIEWED THE BETFRED WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE CLASH AGAINST NRL CHAMPIONS PENRITH PANTHERS AT TUESDAY’S PRESS CONFERENCE.

The highly anticipated match up will take place at a sold out DW Stadium on Saturday night, with the last of the tickets being snapped up in January. Farrell commended the Wigan supporters, who continue to astound him in his 15th season at the Club: “There’s been a buzz around the town for quite a bit now. Obviously it’s been sold out for over a month.

“I don’t know why I’m always amazed by the Wigan fans, they just seem to turn out in numbers every time a big game comes around and we’re always grateful for their support.

“It’s going to make for an unbelievable atmosphere, so it’s one we’re really looking forward to.”

Having won the World Club Challenge in 1987, 1991, 1994 and 2017, Farrell sees the chance in putting a fifth star on the Cherry and White shirt as a special opportunity.

He said: “The Club’s got quite a strong history within the World Club Challenge. If we can play our small part in that and get a win on Saturday, that would be great for us to be a little piece of that special history.”

At 33-years-old, Farrell will stand as one of the most experienced players on the field come Saturday night. Despite playing in what will be his fifth Betfred World Club Challenge for the Warriors, only Liam Marshall and Willie Isa have played in the competition before.

Whilst the skipper may be able to offer his knowledge from previous encounters, he expressed the Warriors are looking ahead rather than behind: “I think we’ve got quite an experienced group at the moment but I’ll probably pass on my own experiences from previous games.

“We’re just more excited about the game at the weekend. We won’t be looking too much in depth at previous games – just making sure we’re focused on this one.”

Watch the full Betfred World Club Challenge Press conference from the DW Stadium and other previews on Wigan TV HERE.

By Harvey Orgill.

Liam Farrell is sponsored by Tieva.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... challenge/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Farrell previews Betfred World Club Challenge

Post by josie andrews »

Watch the Betfred World Club Challenge press conference

WIGAN WARRIORS AND PENRITH PANTHERS STAGED A JOINT PRESS CONFERENCE ON TUESDAY EVENING AHEAD OF THE BETFRED WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE.

Matt Peet and Liam Farrell spoke to the media alongside Penrith Panthers Head Coach Ivan Cleary and co-captain Isaah Yeo ahead of Saturday’s hugely anticipated ‘Clash of Champions’ at the DW Stadium.

Written and broadcast journalists posed questions to the players and coaches sat at the top table, as excitement was shared between the Clubs in preparation for the showdown which takes place in front of a sell out crowd.

Speaking at the press conference, Warriors head coach Peet said: “Fans turn up wanting to see some of the best players in the world play against their local heroes. That’s what is exciting about this game.”

Warriors captain Farrell added: “The Club’s got quite a strong history within the World Club Challenge so if we can play our small part in that and get a win on Saturday, that would be great for us to be a little piece of that special history.”

Watch the Betfred World Club Challenge press conference in full on Wigan TV HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... onference/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan