Thoughts on Head Contact

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
KieronC

Re: Thoughts on Head Contact

Post by KieronC »

Thanks to all who have taken the time to comment and contribute to this thread!
Firestarter

Wilkin

Post by Firestarter »

Love him or hate him I appreciate his honesty.He always sticks to his opinion and doesnt just go with the flow.He was bang on last night with the Hull send off and slso defended Harry Smith after his tackle.At tgis rate theres going to be 10 red cards in the panthers match.The RL need to sort this farce NOw.No waiting just sort it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Re: Wilkin

Post by Firestarter »

Apologies to keiron as ive only just seen the other post about the head contact
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
KieronC

Re: Wilkin

Post by KieronC »

No apology necessary but, thanks!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:30 pm I'm sure that, in the first game of the season, one of the Hull players was taken off for a HIA using data received from his mouth guard. The commentators mentioned it.
Why wasn’t Thompson? It suggests that they are not functioning correctly.
doc

Post by doc »

I was just reading an article on refereeing in 40/20 magazine and according to how the Refs have been told to referee the game the decision was spot on to send Brown off so don't go blaming the refs, blame the RFL.

One question is what happens in the event of a clash of heads between players on the same team; do they both get sent off?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

What happens if a player slams into the advertising hoardings and gets a HIA? Does he also get sent off?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

I think that the players should all have to wear multiple layer bubble wrap helmets, with just enough room to see out of and breath, then head contact is solved and they can't damage the opponent as a hard helmet would do, it's a winner all round :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:17 pm
southportcdm wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:30 pm I'm sure that, in the first game of the season, one of the Hull players was taken off for a HIA using data received from his mouth guard. The commentators mentioned it.
Why wasn’t Thompson? It suggests that they are not functioning correctly.
How can you make that suggestion without having any information at all?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:39 am I think that the players should all have to wear multiple layer bubble wrap helmets, with just enough room to see out of and breath, then head contact is solved and they can't damage the opponent as a hard helmet would do, it's a winner all round :lol:
The NFL now do have soft helmet covers during training. They look a bit comical because they're quite bulky and go over their regular helmets! Soft head covering could help, but a lot of the head impacts seem to be straight to the face, so tricky to put a barrier there.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐