Game Sold Out?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Game Sold Out?

Post by lucky 13 »

Our seat frames on part of our row broke two years back just corrosion looking at them, part of the frame is joined to surrounding seats next game they had been replaced but with worn seats and frames still showing signs of similar corrosion not new ones. I imagine old seats are now in corners of ground with other broken ones. Maybe odd ones dotted about are also not in use for some reason but ones next to them are still ok. Pretty sure I read just the survey, repair and upgrades needed to ground getting a safety certificate was costing pushing a million?
I imagine the next stadium sponsor deal will maybe see seating updated and we will probably see more work being done.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

On a note about sponsorship with the stadium, why is it still the DW? That company no longer exists and hasn’t for 2 years or so
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:48 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:43 pm There are hundreds of damaged seats In the stadium that were found as part of a H and S review and they’ve moved them in to corners of the stands. Jukesays confirmed it on RLFans a few weeks back. You could see they’d been put in the ends of the east stand and some small blocks at the bottom of the other 3 stands. The place needs a bomb spending on it apparently and new seats will be part of that.

For the football hooligans to smash them up again??

They smashed Whelan’s bar up on Friday night, it was supposed to be used for corporate attendees on Saturday but it had to be closed! Fecking eejits🤬
No doubt they will. The seats all need doing but idiots vandalising the stadium makes you wonder if it’s worth bothering.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Last Good Friday we were told that the attendance was down because the North Stand wasn't specified seating, you got a ticket and could sit wherever.
Then the story was that there were hundreds of broken seats that the previous owners could not afford to replace so was doubly surprised and disappointed when we weren't over 25k on Saturday evening.
The latest I have heard is that the seats next to the big screen canot be filled either because you cannot see it if at that end of the East Stand followed up by the casualties if it fell off its supports onto the crowd.
Take your pick but I still cannot accept any reason for losing 1000+ seats or putting it another way £20000 in gate money.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Jukesy

Post by Jukesy »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:18 pm Last Good Friday we were told that the attendance was down because the North Stand wasn't specified seating, you got a ticket and could sit wherever.
Then the story was that there were hundreds of broken seats that the previous owners could not afford to replace so was doubly surprised and disappointed when we weren't over 25k on Saturday evening.
The latest I have heard is that the seats next to the big screen canot be filled either because you cannot see it if at that end of the East Stand followed up by the casualties if it fell off its supports onto the crowd.
Take your pick but I still cannot accept any reason for losing 1000+ seats or putting it another way £20000 in gate money.
You Do realise time moves on don't you?
And the reason for 1 thing 10months ago may not be the reason for the same thing 10months later.

Last Good Friday the attendance was 24k whatever because the South and North were sold as Unreserved seating (the South is always unreserved for ST games).
No ifs,buts or maybes it is fact that you then cannot sell every seat, you have to leave 10% unreserved hence the 1k or so not sold in those ends

Move on 6months and as part of the whole review of the stadium (a lot of which is still going on) there were many H&S issues discovered that the previous owners of the stadium had ignored (due to a multiple of reasons).
Some of it visible to the fans I.e. seating, other bits not so visible such as 25 Yr stadium licencing checks, air conditioning issues inside throughout the offices and banqueting suites etc.

1 of the issues identified was that certain seats had issues pre Xmas.
Those seats were swapped out with good ones that aren't used as much from certain areas and there were blocks in E1 for example which then could not be sold in blocked off areas
Someone else mentioned the restricted view for the screen, I don't know where that's come.from and I dont "Think" that's correct as the screen is a fixed asset etc that doesn't block viewing AFAIK

There were 1k ish seats unsold but H&S wise they couldn't be sold, and as for the 20/30k lost it would have been more to actually replace them than what they'd have got from selling the tickets.
As there is a longer term plan relating to seats etc the decision was made to do it that way.

There is no other conspiracy or shambles or cock ups.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Thanks for that Jukesy.