Wigan vs Penrith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Wigan vs Penrith

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A truly great win from a great team and squad.
M/s Peet, Lockers and Tommy have coached very well indeed.
Saturday's match will remain long in the memory for those of us who were there!
morley pie eater

Re: Wigan vs Penrith

Post by morley pie eater »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:44 pm
the pieman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:33 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:43 pm

I’m convinced he knew what was coming with the Wardle incident. To make that decision so quickly just felt weird and that’s even with the slightly different rule. Still gutted it was turned down. What a moment!!
True, somebody in the south stand must have gone down about 20 steps at the side of me when French went in

I must have been our lucky star on the night - 3 tries and missed them all as i was getting drinks, only one i saw was the French one and it got disallowed :) :) :)
Superb stuff. It felt worth a 20 step fall but I wouldn’t have liked to have been lied on the deck as the decision came up!

What a play that was. So brave and executed to very near perfection. It might not have come off on the night but it’s nice to put teams on notice. The BBC mentioned us being frustrated that we’ll have given it up for other teams to keep an eye on but I’d look at it differently. If they become nervous about that play from a scrum, they might leave gaps elsewhere and if they don’t and a team like Penrith couldn’t stop it, not many will be able to.
You're right. In all the analysing of onside/offside, we can miss the bigger picture.

Something else I'd say about that move is about Harry Smith's kick. Not only was it bang on the money, but the bounce was perfect for Bevan to collect it, almost without breaking stride. Was that luck? Or accident? We've seen enough of Harry's kicking to know it wasn't - it was perfectly planned and executed.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐