Celebrate with the World Champions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Ticket £5 on Friday

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Tickets for Friday's match have been reduced to £5

People who purchased full price tickets will receive a refund

Seems a good plan when the are already snowed under with administration they can't cope with regarding season tickets.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... champions/

You couldn't make this up . More irate season pass holders methinks

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
NICKYKISS

Re: Ticket £5 on Friday

Post by NICKYKISS »

Feels a bit like they hope this will give people whose tickets don’t turn up the option of getting another for a fiver and then sort out the issues after the game, when they have could have 6 weeks to resolve problems (unless we get drawn at home in the cup and it would then be about 3 weeks).

Maybe that’s a bit cynical but whatever the case may be I hope a good crowd manages to get in.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

That did Cross my mind as well lol

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:56 pm That did Cross my mind as well lol

EW
It’s what I’ll be doing anyway if mine and my daughters tickets don’t show. No way I can be bothered queuing at what will be a manic ticket office on Friday night.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i can see this one twofold

there's the current ST issues, and as already commented probably easier to give you a ticket for a £5 now and not have all the ST queueing up on Friday

secondly and what my initial thoughts were, is that this is a thankyou to ST holders and non-ST holders for Saturday night. Get as many back to the game this week as the atmosphere v Hudds is normally flatter than a pancake. If they can get between 16-18k at the game, then that will be a great crowd and more than the lads deserve after the weekend. Hudds even at a £5 are probably only going to bring 100-150
josie andrews

Celebrate with the World Champions

Post by josie andrews »

* Wigan v Huddersfield – A World Club Challenge celebration.

*Discounted admission for this one-off celebration of £5 per ticket.

*Live performance in the stadium from ‘Boomin.’

Join us this Friday night at the DW Stadium when we will celebrate becoming World Champions for the first time since 2017, when Huddersfield Giants are our visitors, with tickets reduced to just £5.

Before the World Champions take to the field, enjoy music from the fantastic ‘Boomin Band’ live on the pitch at 7.10pm, when they’ll create the ​​perfect recipe of stadium power pop-fuelled epics, all armed with addictive choruses and hooks a-plenty.

And why not join us early doors (open 5.30pm) in the fan village with a re-run of the Betfred World Club Challenge on the screens from 6.00pm, as well as a live music from guitar/vocalist Dave McNamara. You’ll also be able to have your photos taken with the Betfred World Club Challenge trophy.

Grab your ticket for the World Club Challenge celebration when Wigan face Huddersfield at the DW Stadium this Friday night, for the discounted price of £5 per ticket. Buy from eticketing.co.uk/wiganwarriors. Please note that all U12s must be accompanied by an adult.

Supporters who have already purchased tickets at full price will receive a refund automatically in the next 72 hours.

A Wigan Warriors season ticket remains the best value way to see the Warriors in action for every Betfred Super League home game in 2024. Season tickets are still available with all the details at wiganwarriors.com/seasontickets.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... champions/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Ipinwigan

Re: Celebrate with the World Champions

Post by Ipinwigan »

After 1 hour on the phone to the Ticket Office I finally got through and they emailed my pdf individual ticket for the Huddersfield game.
The ticketing system just doesn't work and they are hoping that in the following weeks it will be resolved.
It better be, because I certainly don't want to waste another hour on the phone.
DaveO

Re: Celebrate with the World Champions

Post by DaveO »

An effort to get the crowd size up to help with the IMG utilisation figures no doubt but it’s a bit galling as a season ticket holder to see people being given refunds while season ticket holders do not receive a similar discount. I presume the comment about a season ticket being still being the best value is supposed to be telling us why that is and to be happy with our lot.

it’s a bit strange to start offering reduced prices after you have been selling them for full price in any case. Looks like an afterthought and I bet no one in ticket sales will be happy with having to sort this out.