Club Statement: Ticketing Situation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Club Statement: Ticketing Situation

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think the starting point of the note is wrong. Of our 4, 2 have the correct seats in email attachments, one has a seat in the opposite stand from the one our group sits in and the 4th has neither an email nor a physical ticket.

They should have said - we believe we have sent out either emails or physical tickets to everyone and that they are correct, but let us know if not. This “we have got it right, peasants” email is wrong in tone and content.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I would imagine the cost of hiring extra staff etc along with their carbon footprint far outweighs the cost of the set up last year. And we are in Round 3
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
boggart

Post by boggart »

Further to 'Owd Mon's' post.
Something else we oldies definitely do not like is being patronised by those younger than ourselves.
Change isn't always for the better, these days its usually to save money, often at the expense of those having to use what we are required to believe is an improved service, whether it is or not. We won't be 'gaslit' into thinking we benefit from a change which patently makes things worse. Just because its 'new' doesn't mean its automatically 'better'. The benefit we oldies have is that we were around when things actually were 'better' and have the experience, and hopefully the intelligence, to make comparisons.
Dirk B

Post by Dirk B »

Aren't some of you the lucky ones to have received paper and email tickets I have received. neither But once again for the fifth time have had to go to the ticket office to collect my ticket. What a rubbish system do you know I have asked for a plastic season ticket but have had no reply yet andNO posted ticket sent for Fridays match at all and another thing as we have paid upfront FOR TICKETS yet what do we get in place of a £5.00icket non season tickets pay on Friday T
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

I opted for the print at home option. Received an email at 01:50 this morning with a pdf code and have managed to print it off. I am the biggest, most useless technophobe around so l thought why not try it out on a £5 ticket before the major games and it seems to have luckily ( according to a lot of people’s experiences ) worked.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:24 pm I would imagine the cost of hiring extra staff etc along with their carbon footprint far outweighs the cost of the set up last year. And we are in Round 3
This isn’t a response to your quote, but rather your sign off caught my eye. I asked my auntie (who is v excited about her 92nd season watching the cherry and whites) about the 2 Jims, and she said that her dad (my grandad) used to talk about Jimmy Laytham all the time, as a true great. She didn’t remember seeing or hearing about Slevin, and thought Mountford was good, but wasn’t up there with McTigue, Hanley. Sullivan etc.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

My son’s ticket turned up in the post today. So I received mine as a PDF by email and his arrived by post.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:16 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:24 pm I would imagine the cost of hiring extra staff etc along with their carbon footprint far outweighs the cost of the set up last year. And we are in Round 3
This isn’t a response to your quote, but rather your sign off caught my eye. I asked my auntie (who is v excited about her 92nd season watching the cherry and whites) about the 2 Jims, and she said that her dad (my grandad) used to talk about Jimmy Laytham all the time, as a true great. She didn’t remember seeing or hearing about Slevin, and thought Mountford was good, but wasn’t up there with McTigue, Hanley. Sullivan etc.
Slevin was one of our clubs founders (in 1879 we ain’t 150 just yet) and the first true superstar/celebrity in the town sporting-wise

Jim Leytham was perfect. I’m sad but I visit his grave often in Lancaster to this day
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

boggart wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:38 pm Further to 'Owd Mon's' post.
Something else we oldies definitely do not like is being patronised by those younger than ourselves.
Change isn't always for the better, these days its usually to save money, often at the expense of those having to use what we are required to believe is an improved service, whether it is or not. We won't be 'gaslit' into thinking we benefit from a change which patently makes things worse. Just because its 'new' doesn't mean its automatically 'better'. The benefit we oldies have is that we were around when things actually were 'better' and have the experience, and hopefully the intelligence, to make comparisons.
Spot on!👍
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

I've been on holiday for the last three weeks at the other side of the world.
I won't be home for the Huddersfield game so I don't have same problem.
However I spent three hours plus waiting to get through to the ticket office before I went away and asked for a plastic ticket.
I've received nothing via email and must assume my request has been met?
I will find out Wednesday night otherwise it's back into battle!
Perhaps if this is the case a refund and two fingers may be the best option to this brain fart situation?