Wigan Warriors supporters receive classy response from Penrith Panthers following World Club Challenge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors supporters receive classy response from Penrith Panthers following World Club Challenge

Post by josie andrews »

Two Wigan Warriors supporters received a classy response from Penrith Panthers after writing to the NRL giants to thank them for the part they played in a memorable World Club Challenge.

Supporters John and Tricia Pattison wrote to the Australian three-peat champions following Saturday’s clash in front of a sell-out crowd, impressed by their dignity in defeat as Wigan claimed a record-equalling fifth World Club Challenge with a 16-12 victory

Superstar Nathan Cleary took his time taking selfies with supporters inside the DW Stadium following the full-time hooter, with the game a major boost for the profile of the sport live on the BBC and Sky Sports.

Replying to the impressed Wigan supporters, Penrith Panthers Rugby League CEO Matt Cameron, wrote: “Firstly, thank you for your kind words about our club and our players and coaches.

One of our aspirational goals at the Panthers is to be a source of community pride so to see our players transfer that passion to your community is something that we really value.

"Although as Panthers we were disappointed with the result, I think rugby league in the UK was the winner on the night.

“I had the opportunity to be on the sideline as last year’s Grand Final kicked off with 85,000 people at ANZ Stadium but it did not compare to the noise that 24,000 Wigan fans made last night and it was something I will never forget.

“Again thanks for your feedback. In the world we live in today, it’s very easy to catch somebody doing the wrong thing so when we catch them doing the right thing, it makes us very proud.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ge-4537414
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan