Season ticket

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Season ticket

Post by Caboosegg »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:43 pm When I asked for plastic season tickets rather than the smartphone app I assumed that I'd be part of a very small minority of 'luddites', perhaps 3-400 in total. However, after speaking to lots of fans last night, I was shocked at how many said that they'd asked for a physical season ticket too. Most of these people were younger than me and all of them are far more tech savvy. I wonder if the club have been surprised by how many physical tickets have been asked for and if they've just not been able to cope with demand. From my small sample size I'd predict 2-3 000 will be needed.
Paying for a season ticket, I want a season ticket not a app.

Also Apps require Internet normally and the signal on 02 in the DW is none existent.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:34 pm
southportcdm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:43 pm When I asked for plastic season tickets rather than the smartphone app I assumed that I'd be part of a very small minority of 'luddites', perhaps 3-400 in total. However, after speaking to lots of fans last night, I was shocked at how many said that they'd asked for a physical season ticket too. Most of these people were younger than me and all of them are far more tech savvy. I wonder if the club have been surprised by how many physical tickets have been asked for and if they've just not been able to cope with demand. From my small sample size I'd predict 2-3 000 will be needed.

Also Apps require Internet normally and the signal on 02 in the DW is none existent.
It’s the same on Sky mobile, nothing at all 😫
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Don't you actually want to go to the games? What difference does it make how you get in?

Agree with the mobile signal thing though. I can't load my Ticketmaster tickets onto my phones wallet so I have to use the app, so no signal is a bit of a problem!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:07 pm

Don't you actually want to go to the games? What difference does it make how you get in?

Agree with the mobile signal thing though. I can't load my Ticketmaster tickets onto my phones wallet so I have to use the app, so no signal is a bit of a problem!
Which app is it Mike please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

You only need the barcode/qr code to scan at the turnstile. It can be a screenshot so you don't need WiFi
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'd almost say no. Ticketmaster is bad of a company from previous experience. Look at this experience first home game of the season and still not had the ST through.

The season ticket card might not seem like much but I keep mine and store them.

If your going to push people to move to an app or QR code for entry then you need to ensure the facilities are available.

You can obviously work around it (screenshot/print off at home) but should having to work around be a thing? Should you have to worry if your phone has enough charge or if the signal is good enough at the stadium.

I am all for improvement and tech but the new ticketing system is just the club (well ticketmaster) reducing costs and moving them onto the ticket holder.

I still need to also find out if auto renewal stills exists and while I have benefited from the auto renewal price fore year this change to season tickets it's potentially a triple wammy next year
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:38 am

I'd almost say no. Ticketmaster is bad of a company from previous experience. Look at this experience first home game of the season and still not had the ST through.

The season ticket card might not seem like much but I keep mine and store them.

If your going to push people to move to an app or QR code for entry then you need to ensure the facilities are available.

You can obviously work around it (screenshot/print off at home) but should having to work around be a thing? Should you have to worry if your phone has enough charge or if the signal is good enough at the stadium.

I am all for improvement and tech but the new ticketing system is just the club (well ticketmaster) reducing costs and moving them onto the ticket holder.

I still need to also find out if auto renewal stills exists and while I have benefited from the auto renewal price fore year this change to season tickets it's potentially a triple wammy next year
I’ve seen this said a few times, why wouldn’t it?
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

What an absolute shambles it was for the first regular home game of the season, queues around the stadium, people having to mess around at the turnstiles showing emails etc, tickets not scanning, I managed to get in just before kick off but there was still hundreds in the queue when I got in.

Someone needed to show some initiative and take the problems out of the equation and just let those in the queue enter without having to show emails or scan tickets, that for whatever reason would not scan, it's probably a good job tickets were on sale for £5 as many only got to see £5's worth of the game