SKY SPORTS COVERAGE

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: SKY SPORTS COVERAGE

Post by Mike »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:17 pm I echo the sentiments of most the posts here. Production value has diminished rapidly.
Are you comparing the two main games with what we saw last year, or all games? There are two different production levels this year. The main SKY games seem to be about the same to me. The extra games weren't covered at all last year, so can't have worse production value?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:21 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:17 pm I echo the sentiments of most the posts here. Production value has diminished rapidly.
Are you comparing the two main games with what we saw last year, or all games? There are two different production levels this year. The main SKY games seem to be about the same to me. The extra games weren't covered at all last year, so can't have worse production value?
I don't honestly know, just a few games I've watched, Wigan Hudds being one of them. The replays were pretty erratic and seemed to miss a fair bit of the action. The score and clock went off for a period as well.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:33 pm
I don't honestly know, just a few games I've watched, Wigan Hudds being one of them. The replays were pretty erratic and seemed to miss a fair bit of the action. The score and clock went off for a period as well.
I think that was one of the non-main matches. Definitely done by an inexperienced producer IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Mike wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:18 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:33 pm

I think that was one of the non-main matches. Definitely done by an inexperienced producer IMO.
I've never seen such poor production value for sports though. Even when Wimbledon is on and they have nearly every court being filmed, if you watch a match on one of the more obscure courts, it's still very watchable. Seems a bit crappy that our sport is being used to give experience to producers giving us a worse product.

That being said, it's better we can see the games than not, I'd take watching a slightly worse product over not being able to watch it at all
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:44 pm
ddtftf wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:34 pm I just wish they would stop showing the score of other games spoils it when you have recorded it to watch after. Just say look away as we are showing the results of other games at Half Time .
100%! Stop telling me the score!
+2 i was itching to watch saints v leigh and they spoiled it for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE