Our League

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
culinator

Our League

Post by culinator »

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone who has used the new streaming services has any tips as i really struggled watching Fridays game

First of all it was difficult to even find the game, have to go and log in two different sites, then finding how to play what was purchased was not obvious at all. Im not sure it can be played via the APP itself, if it can i never figured out how.

When i finally found out how to play the video, there was no cast option as it said there would be, i checked it wasnt my connection by casting something else.

I tried to play it via a browser on the TV, that just didnt work.

In the end had to watch it on the phone, not really what i wanted to do.

So anyone having similar issues or had similar issues and know how to circumvent?

Thanks
jobo

Re: Our League

Post by jobo »

Just my opinion but it's pretty rubbish. The idea is great but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

With regards to the "cast" option, I contacted them last year and didn't receive a reply.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Do you have a way to mirror your phone to a smart TV? I'd be more than happy to talk you through it if you're unsure
culinator

Post by culinator »

I didnt think about Mirroring to be honest, im fairly tech savy so should be able to get it working.

On the whole though, if they want people to use this, its a pretty poor attempt, my first impressions anyway.

Thanks for the replies
jobo

Post by jobo »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:25 am Do you have a way to mirror your phone to a smart TV? I'd be more than happy to talk you through it if you're unsure
That'd be great.

If it's not too cheeky to ask, if you could do a step by step guide, as a post on here, that I could refer back to.

My son did show me how to do it but as soon as he'd left, I forgot 😂
doc

Post by doc »

Run an HDMI cable from your laptop to the TV.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

doc wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:04 pm Run an HDMI cable from your laptop to the TV.
It seems a bit clumsy, but I agree it's the simplest and most foolproof way. It's what I do with watchNRL. Of course, it's not going to work for everyone, though.

I reckon I have more than enough rugby league to watch without bothering with Our League anyway.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm using the SuperLeague+ app, I'm assuming that's what you're using?

I've found I can cast to my google TV dongle without issue, but on other people's TVs that have Roku I can't cast. Even when I can cast to youtube on those TVs, I can't cast the SUperLeague+ app. I also can't cast YouTubeTV on those TVs either, so I think its a TV support thing unfortunately.

Overall I've found the SuperLeague+ app to be pretty good. The one big problem is the delay in putting the games up for overseas subscribers. I can see all the games live, but once they've finish there is sometimes a delay of day's before I can see them again. That's not supposed to happen.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
culinator

Post by culinator »

Maybe i have downloaded the wrong App then because i cant even figure out how to play the videos on the App.
Just double checked now, its the Ourleague App i have installed, im sure it directed me that way when i purchased.

I will search for the SuperLeague+ App and try again.

Thanks again, much appreciated
culinator

Post by culinator »

im still struggling with these stupid apps.

I downloaded the correct one in the end, watched one game when i was away at £7 only on the phone though, so thats still not great.

I was away again for the saints game, tried to buy the single game, was no option had to subscribe, so i thought i would just do one month and then cancel.

Now i have come to cancel, it doesnt seem to be an option, this is with superleague+
The only way i think i have done it is to remove the payment details, so the question, anyone else managed to cancel the subscription if they had one?

Thanks again