Forber: Take things on board

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Forber: Take things on board

Post by josie andrews »

* Tom Forber previews Saturday’s Round 4 trip to the Cherry Red Records Stadium as the Warriors face London Broncos.

* Forber: “It’s just about being a professional, taking on board things I need to work on – particularly the little details.”

* See more previews ahead of Saturday’s fixture on Wigan TV HERE.

WIGAN WARRIORS HOOKER, TOM FORBER, PREVIEWS SATURDAY’S ROUND 4 TIE AGAINST LONDON BRONCOS AT THE CHERRY RED RECORDS STADIUM.

Forber made his home debut for the Club against Huddersfield Giants on Friday night, his first appearance since his Club debut in 2022. Speaking on the game, he said: “It was a great experience, it was the first time for me doing the walk through the fan village with my first Super League home game. I just soaked it all in and enjoyed it as much as I could.

“When I came onto the field I heard the crowd, the atmosphere was class and I just really enjoyed it.”

He added: “When it came to getting my chance to go on I was ready, I just wanted to get as involved as possible and try and do what I could for the team. It was good to get around the lads.”

Forber was introduced to the action in the second half of the game and was involved in the final try of the game, as he explained: “The opportunity just came up, I went on wanting to nail my defence, be squeaky clean with my skill and do the basics well.

“They made an error and Tommo [Luke Thompson] followed that up with a good carry to get us in a good position so the opportunity just came up and it was nice to have that involvement for the try.”

Speaking on this week’s opponent, London Broncos he said: “I played against London last year whilst I was on loan at Widnes and they beat us convincingly.

“They’re a tough team with a lot of tough players and they’ll definitely give us a game. They won’t shy away or roll over so we’ll go there with the right attitude and show them the respect they deserve.”

“Being around the lads you take your mind off the game a little bit,” Forber said as he discussed the travel and overnight stay involved in the trip to London, “you don’t have to overthink anything and just enjoy their company. It’s a good opportunity to be around the lads away from the training pitch and that’s where you see some of the characters.”

The hooker was full of praise for his fellow teammates Brad O’Neill and Kruise Leeming, who he has been learning from whilst awaiting the opportunity to break into the first team: “I’ve got a lot of respect for both of them, they help me a lot around training and offer plenty of advice away from training too.

“They’re two fantastic nines and I feel really lucky to have the opportunity to play behind them and learn from them. It’s just about being a professional, taking on board things I need to work on – particularly the little details.”

He added: “I love training alongside them, I learn a lot and hopefully they can pick one or two things off me as well and we can make the unit even better.”

Tom Forber is sponsored by Care Love Learn Childcare

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... -on-board/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Forber: Take things on board

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I was impressed with his stint the other day. Certainly upped the tempo a notch which is what you want from your Interchange hooker. Nice to see him get the try assist with a smart, quick thinking play. Excited to see him get more gametime and with Leeming coming back into the fold whenever he does, it gives us options to rest hookers having a very solid 3 to rotate
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 pm I was impressed with his stint the other day. Certainly upped the tempo a notch which is what you want from your Interchange hooker. Nice to see him get the try assist with a smart, quick thinking play. Excited to see him get more gametime and with Leeming coming back into the fold whenever he does, it gives us options to rest hookers having a very solid 3 to rotate
Young Forber’s passing from dummy half reminded me of the qualities of the great Martin Dermott . The future looks very bright for the lad.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:05 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 pm I was impressed with his stint the other day. Certainly upped the tempo a notch which is what you want from your Interchange hooker. Nice to see him get the try assist with a smart, quick thinking play. Excited to see him get more gametime and with Leeming coming back into the fold whenever he does, it gives us options to rest hookers having a very solid 3 to rotate
Young Forber’s passing from dummy half reminded me of the qualities of the great Martin Dermott . The future looks very bright for the lad.
Let's hope we can keep him for a long period without the NRL turning his head
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:54 am
Let's hope we can keep him for a long period without the NRL turning his head
I don’t think we should be worried about the NRL it is more likely that he will get poached by another SL club.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That's true. I hope there's enough room for him at Wigan.
bertina

Post by bertina »

I said that to my mate at the game last week.