Melbourne v Penrith

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Melbourne v Penrith

Post by ancientnloyal »

🔥
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
moto748

Re: Melbourne v Penrith

Post by moto748 »

You can't really say it was a high-quality contest, can you? Committed, of course, but a fair few errors from both sides. And Penrith have to be concerned that once again, despite plenty of possession and field position, they failed to put points on the board. Even with Luai. Once again, though, once again whenever I see Penrith, I think, Dylan Edwards is some player.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

moto748 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:03 pm You can't really say it was a high-quality contest, can you? Committed, of course, but a fair few errors from both sides. And Penrith have to be concerned that once again, despite plenty of possession and field position, they failed to put points on the board. Even with Luai. Once again, though, once again whenever I see Penrith, I think, Dylan Edwards is some player.
They’ll be fine, too many class players and coach, already favourites to reach the GF whilst on that display, Melbourne will be up there.
You could compare that game with our first league match against Cas.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

moto748 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:03 pm You can't really say it was a high-quality contest, can you? Committed, of course, but a fair few errors from both sides. And Penrith have to be concerned that once again, despite plenty of possession and field position, they failed to put points on the board. Even with Luai. Once again, though, once again whenever I see Penrith, I think, Dylan Edwards is some player.
I agree the first half was very poor from both sides. Thought the second was awesome though, Storms defence was unbelievable. Penrith put them under so much pressure, can’t believe they never managed to get over the line.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:05 am
They’ll be fine, too many class players and coach, already favourites to reach the GF whilst on that display, Melbourne will be up there.
You could compare that game with our first league match against Cas.
Surely for Penrith you compare to our WCC match? I've seen more NRL this year than before and I'm not that impressed. I think we'd be a playoff side in the NRL, so would saints and cats. Not surefire winners or anything but definitely a playoff contender.

Where the SL falls down is it's bottom half I reckon. The quality there is not high or consistent enough so the top teams get too many easy weeks.

The Aussie National team certainly isn't keen to test itself against GB or England right now though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

To be fair, the NRL season has only just started, and you can't really judge teams by their first run-out. Once it gets into swing, the NRL generally provides good football.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

moto748 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:10 am To be fair, the NRL season has only just started, and you can't really judge teams by their first run-out. Once it gets into swing, the NRL generally provides good football.
Completely agree Moto.
The intensity and tempo in the SL is really good every so often, this is a regular thing in the NRL.
Get 7-8 games in and that’s when you see the quality come to light in the NRL.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It started like a house on fire last season so keep watching mike
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE