Club Statement: Ticketing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Club Statement: Ticketing

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The biggest fault is the club never comes clean and only tell us thing when they bite the bullet and really have to . It's been a fault at Wigan for years. I have no problem if there are issues with tickets or game changes etc. What I do have a problem with is the club not communicating these problems until the last minute and leaving us in limbo even when they have been aware of these issues for ages.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:31 am The biggest fault is the club never comes clean and only tell us thing when they bite the bullet and really have to . It's been a fault at Wigan for years. I have no problem if there are issues with tickets or game changes etc. What I do have a problem with is the club not communicating these problems until the last minute and leaving us in limbo even when they have been aware of these issues for ages.

EW
i agree especially re the season tickets. Its the sort of business that i'm in (and sure i've seen another couple of posters who do similar jobs) and they will have known that timescales were extremely tight (if at all possible), so the best thing they could have done is to give the bad news up front - sorry you wont get your season tickets for the start of the season due to implementing a new system, and here's your Huddersfield match ticket. Doing that, whilst creating some noise, would have IMO meant most would be happy. Moving forwards the new system will be fully implemented by X date and all season ticket holders will have their electronic /plastic ST by this date
Dirk B

Post by Dirk B »

Has anyone received a plastic season ticket by post? I was told ticket office when I visited them for the 5th time Wednesday before Huddersfield game to collect my match ticket. That I would receive my season ticket THIS WEEK it's Friday and NO sign of any TICKET.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Nope.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dirk B wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:57 pm Has anyone received a plastic season ticket by post? I was told ticket office when I visited them for the 5th time Wednesday before Huddersfield game to collect my match ticket. That I would receive my season ticket THIS WEEK it's Friday and NO sign of any TICKET.
When do you need it for? 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:23 am
Dirk B wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:57 pm Has anyone received a plastic season ticket by post? I was told ticket office when I visited them for the 5th time Wednesday before Huddersfield game to collect my match ticket. That I would receive my season ticket THIS WEEK it's Friday and NO sign of any TICKET.
Is that the point. The season has started and people are still awaiting season tickets.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:23 am
Come on. If I was promised something for a certain time. I would be annoyed. And so would you. This season ticket fiasco is a embarrassment its not just time scale but the silly levels of mistakes. I myself have been down 3 times trying to sort mine and my granddaughters out . Every time they say they have amended it. It started my grandaughter was 67 I was under 18. Then she was Paul. Third time I had her surname. Got home checked everything and low and behold she's down as a Male so I have given up. I fully understand why Dirk is frustrated with the fiasco. All Auto renewals have paid for there tickets in Aug.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Having bought a full price ticket for the Huddersfield game and the Club Statement saying everyone who bought a full price ticket would be refunded for the £5 deal, I have still not been refunded.
Looks like another phone call to the ticket office will be required.
The whole ticketing situation has been a complete mess.
Hopefully things will be fully resolved before the next home game.
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

The problems with ticketing are far older than 2024. I remember getting STs for the OH & self. Arriving at our seats, sitting down and a nice young man came up and said “You’re sitting in my seat!” We both had tickets with the same seat! Sorted it obviously but it looks like the cause of the problem has migrated with the new system.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Club can’t get their foundation year correct.

It’ll be a database error as last year I was U16 and my daughter was my dad!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame