Luke Thompson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Luke Thompson

Post by Wes »

Getting better and better, was immense tonight IMO. Great engine, seems everywhere in defence and running hard. Showing great passion too.
Big stick

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Big stick »

Hopefully get better when the ground drys up. He is looking good and thought all our forwards carried well tonight. Mago was unlucky, that ball was stripped by Salford but hard for the ref to see
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Big stick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:13 pm Hopefully get better when the ground drys up. He is looking good and thought all our forwards carried well tonight. Mago was unlucky, that ball was stripped by Salford but hard for the ref to see
Thompson did well tonight , good stint by Hill too. Why no Forber off the bench?

Not seeing stuff isn't usually a problem for Kendall eg Keighran missing the head of the opponent but got pulled up for a high shot :lol:

What's happened to the vid Refs and nasty head shots, Sneyd put a bell ringer on Mago and nothing said?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 pm
Big stick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:13 pm Hopefully get better when the ground drys up. He is looking good and thought all our forwards carried well tonight. Mago was unlucky, that ball was stripped by Salford but hard for the ref to see
Thompson did well tonight , good stint by Hill too. Why no Forber off the bench?

Not seeing stuff isn't usually a problem for Kendall eg Keighran missing the head of the opponent but got pulled up for a high shot :lol:

What's happened to the vid Refs and nasty head shots, Sneyd put a bell ringer on Mago and nothing said?
Thank goodness the VR’s are not getting involved. Thompson is a top signing, he is the leader of our pack.

We have got work to do on our kick defence. We rarely put Sneyd under pressure tonight and our right edge defence looked vulnerable as a consequence.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Thought it was really good to see Thompson getting fully involved with the group last night and showing a lot of passion. It looks as if he's really settled into the team and club now which can only be good news for our pack as a whole and especially our young forwards.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I've been really impressed by Luke so far, he's improved from game to game and is our best forward at the moment. Given the amount of games he's missed in the past couple of seasons it's perhaps not surprising that he's getting better each week. I was worried when we signed him and It's great to see him doing so well. Let's hope he can stay injury free (and clear of HIA's) for an extended period. Great passion yesterday too.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thompson: I’m loving it

* Luke Thompson praised the ‘resilience’ of the Warriors to come from behind to defeat Salford Red Devils.

* Thompson: “Regardless of the sin-binning we kept working hard and turning up for each other to turn them away which in the end got us the win.”

* Watch post-match reaction with Matt Peet and Bevan French on Wigan TV HERE.

LUKE THOMPSON PRAISED THE ‘RESILIENCE’ OF THE WARRIORS TO COME FROM BEHIND TO WIN AGAINST SALFORD RED DEVILS.

The Warriors fought back to defeat the Red Devils at the Salford Community Stadium to continue their winning start to the Betfred Super League season.

Reflecting on the win, Thompson said: “It was a tough battle out there which we knew it would be. Salford’s always a tough place to come and they’ve got a good side at the minute who have started the season really well.

“We weren’t at our best tonight and showed some rust off the back of a short turnaround but I’m really happy that we’ve managed to come away with the two points.”

Speaking on the character of the side, who scored twice in the final five minutes with 12-men to take the two points, Thompson said: “We showed a lot of resilience in that second half, especially towards the end when we spent a lot of it defending our own line. Regardless of the sin-binning we kept working hard and turning up for each other to turn them away which in the end got us the win.”

For a second week running Thompson was voted as the Fans Man of the Match, after an impressive performance saw the forward record 122 metres and 36 tackles in the victory at the Salford Community Stadium.

On recent performances, Thompson said: “I’ve gained consistency over the last few weeks after what wasn’t an ideal debut at Castleford, but since coming back it’s been about building week-to-week. I still have a lot more improvements in me so I need to keep working hard in training in order to get better each week.”

On settling in to the Club, Thompson added: “I’m loving it here, especially if we can keep chalking off these wins. Training’s been good and there’s a great group of lads here which makes coming to work everyday enjoyable.”

Praising the supporters, Thompson said: “The fans have been awesome and it was great to hear them behind us once again tonight. They sold out London last weekend and turned up again in their numbers tonight. Hopefully we can put in another performance next week in front of our home fans at the DW before going into Good Friday.”

Full highlights of the win are available to watch on Wigan TV HERE.

Luke Thompson is sponsored by Cadena Global

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... loving-it/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

So long as he can keep clear of injuries he will be an exceptional signing
The artist formally known as fozziekskem