Wigan squad for Sheffield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzie58

Re: Wigan squad for Sheffield

Post by fozzie58 »

Stronger squad than I expected to be honest need French and Smith in the halves can't have them disrupted with you know who on the horizon, id say Hampshire at fullback.

I would hope for a decent score frankly.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Seen a post on Facebook suggesting Field has a toe injury.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:41 pm Seen a post on Facebook suggesting Field has a toe injury.
I don’t do FB but I heard that as well. He was limping after the game at London & wasn’t 100% at Salford 🙁
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

A strong squad. Quite surprising, maybe a reaction to the Salford game which wasn't a good performance?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Strong squad but still enough room to rest a few. As well as Jai I'd expect them to rest Brad, Isa and one of the 'starting' props.
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Strong line up with match sharpness ahead of Good Friday in mind. Should be a great opportunity to tidy up some of the combinations and run in plenty of tries. Fingers crossed for no injuries/suspensions and that Jai’s toe heals in time for Saints!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I thought in the match at London when he passed the ball rather than go 10 yards and score himself he seemed to be suddenly feeling a twinge in his hamstring and was very surprised he played v Salford
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
endoman

Post by endoman »

ian.birchall wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 pm I thought in the match at London when he passed the ball rather than go 10 yards and score himself he seemed to be suddenly feeling a twinge in his hamstring and was very surprised he played v Salford
Seemed to be stretching out his hamstring and calf for sometime after the game against the advertising boards while chatting after the game. Peet describes it as a knock, hope it’s a quick job!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Bob the Builder wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:05 pm Must not be tempted to put French at fullback as we need French and Smith in the halves and to be on the same page and firing ready for the Stains game.
I have seen that Hampshire will start at FB.
There is enough flexibility to switch things around during the game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Peet previews Sheffield

* Matt Peet spoke to the press ahead of Friday night’s Challenge Cup Sixth Round tie against Sheffield Eagles.

* Peet: “It’s a good place to work at the moment as there is a lot of care and connection running throughout the place with such a fantastic and special group.”

* Watch the full Sheffield Eagles preview with Matt Peet on Wigan TV HERE.

MATT PEET SPOKE TO THE PRESS AHEAD OF WIGAN WARRIORS’ BETFRED CHALLENGE CUP SIXTH ROUND TIE AGAINST SHEFFIELD EAGLES.

Prior to the clash against the Championship side, the Warriors announced that Peet – along with Assistant Coaches Sean O’Loughlin and Thomas Leuluai – have penned new seven-year deals that will see the trio remain at the Club until at least the end of the 2030 season.

Speaking on the new deal, Peet said: “I’m very proud and very grateful to feel the love and trust the Club and supporters have in me at the moment. It’s a privilege to be in this position and I’m particularly thankful to Kris [Radlinski] showing this commitment to myself and the staff.”

On the opportunity to continue working alongside O’Loughlin and Leuluai, Peet said: “I’m very lucky to have them by my side as a lot of what I believe in about how the Club should work is from watching them two. I’ve always been good mates with them but now I’m excellent mates as they have always made the time to be supportive and honest.”

Speaking on the working environment, Peet added: “It’s a good place to work at the moment as there is a lot of care and connection running throughout the place with such a fantastic and special group. We’ve got a building trust with the fanbase and community which we’ve got to push up several levels now to make as big an impact as we can over the next seven years.”

Looking ahead to the clash against Sheffield Eagles, Peet said: “Its an exciting challenge for our players to come up against a new team who have plenty of Super League experience. We know Sheffield are a good side who have started the season really well so we know to expect a test.”

On his squad, Peet said: “There is certainly areas of improvement for us as a group which is exciting. We’ve identified a few basic things which we are not yet at our best in so we will push on with those for the next few weeks.”

On the support from the fans, Peet said: “I understand it’s another financial commitment for them but hopefully with the rugby we are playing, people can get down to the game. We’ve had some great night’s recently at the DW Stadium and hopefully we can put in another performance for them on Friday night.”

Tickets for Friday night’s clash against Sheffield Eagles at the DW Stadium can be purchased online HERE. Full ticketing information ahead of the tie can be found HERE.

Matt Peet is sponsored by Warriors Lotto Agents.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... sheffield/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan