Wigan squad for Sheffield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan squad for Sheffield

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:28 pm Sheffield go over. Soft try to concede
From the ref!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:31 pm Plenty of whistle blowing
He was like this at London & gave them a few try’s, same as tonight!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Thanks for the updates everyone. Did the job in the end, on to the next

IMO I'd *like* us to beat saints but it's not massively important to win in terms of retaining the title and winning the quadruple. Let's put everything into beating them in the knock out games, and only quite a lot into this match. I know it's the most important match of the year, but it doesn't actually count for anything at this point.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Listen, up to now domestically we've played no-one out of the bottom half
,we haven't played well in any game particularly and everyone thinks we're the best thing since sliced bread, I see no evidence up to now that tells me that jobs for the boys should justify 7 year contracts. 🤷
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Mickw wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 am Listen, up to now domestically we've played no-one out of the bottom half
,we haven't played well in any game particularly and everyone thinks we're the best thing since sliced bread, I see no evidence up to now that tells me that jobs for the boys should justify 7 year contracts. 🤷
World Champions. Super League Champions. Won every game thrown at us so far and we still get people moaning. Have a day off.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Mickw wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 am Listen, up to now domestically we've played no-one out of the bottom half
You've seen no evidence?!? I suggest you take a look in the trophy cabinet mate...
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Highlights on WiganTV this morning.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

It's a good job they were switched on for Sneyd kick last week or it would have been loss.Last night was poor from the restarts
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I like how you have to add domestically to even attempt a point. Have we played well so far no. Have we found a way to win every game yes.

I expected us to struggle after the world club challenge and we are. I'm not even confident for Good Friday but I'm confident that come the back end of the season we will kick on.

Saints struggled after the WCC last year.

Also bit unfair to Salford they may be 7th but they are playing well and will scalp a few top table teams this year.

So far I've not seen anything to say wigan are not being typical wigan we always make games we should on paper be winning with ease difficult.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

So we're not in the lead at the first curve and it's a disaster? A wise man once said "Winning the league is a marathon, not a sprint."
He won a thing or two in his day, did Bill Shankly if I remember correctly.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐