5Live to host Quarter-Final draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

5Live to host Quarter-Final draw

Post by josie andrews »

BBC RADIO 5LIVE WILL HOST THE DRAW FOR THE QUARTER-FINALS OF THE MEN’S BETFRED CHALLENGE CUP ON MONDAY 25 MARCH – AND DARTS ACES AND RUGBY LEAGUE FANS JOE CULLEN AND MICHAEL SMITH WILL BE JOINING ‘THE MONDAY NIGHT CLUB’ BETWEEN 8.45PM-9 TO DRAW THE FOUR TIES.

The presence of St Helens supporter Smith, world champion in 2023, and Wigan Warriors fan Cullen, a former Masters champion and Premier League finalist, ensures that Rugby League’s famous rivals will be represented at Monday night’s, with both teams now confirmed in the hat.

Quarter-final ties will take place over the weekend of 13/14 April.

Castleford Tigers
Catalans Dragons
Huddersfield Giants
Hull KR
Leigh Leopards
St Helens
Warrington Wolves
Wigan Warriors

BBC Radio 5Live is available via DAB and AM radio (909 or 693), the BBC Sounds app and the following TV channels.

Freeview: 705
Sky: 0105
Virgin Media: 905

The Men’s 2024 Betfred Challenge Cup Final (KO 3pm) is part of a Finals Day triple-header at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 8 June, alongside the finals of the Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup (KO 11.45am) and the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup (KO 5.45pm). Tickets are available online now from only £20 Adults and £10 Under 16s, with family packages also available.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... inal-draw/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Re: 5Live to host Quarter-Final draw

Post by southportcdm »

Hoping for a 'kind' draw because I'm not certain that we'll have either Cooper or Havard back by then. I know that Walters definitely won't be back but If both of the others were fit I'd not be worried about who we get.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:37 pm Hoping for a 'kind' draw because I'm not certain that we'll have either Cooper or Havard back by then. I know that Walters definitely won't be back but If both of the others were fit I'd not be worried about who we get.
Well I’ve got 5 live sport on & it’s football no RL is there another channel?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:47 pm
southportcdm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:37 pm Hoping for a 'kind' draw because I'm not certain that we'll have either Cooper or Havard back by then. I know that Walters definitely won't be back but If both of the others were fit I'd not be worried about who we get.
Well I’ve got 5 live sport on & it’s football no RL is there another channel?
Commentator has just said at 20.50, "before we get to the Challenge Cup Draw" !!!! Still talking effing football 🤬
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

20.55!

Quarter-finals draw ball numbers:

1. Castleford Tigers
2. Catalans Dragons
3. Huddersfield Giants
4. Hull KR
5. Leigh Leopards
6. St Helens
7. Warrington Wolves
8. Wigan Warriors

St Helens v Warrington Wolves

Hull KR v Leigh Leopards

Catalan Dragons v Huddersfield Giants

Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors

13 - 14 April
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Yes, can't complain about that.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

We got revenge against Sheffield for 1998, now for 1970!

I went from Yorkshire to Wembley on my BSA 250 Barracuda that year. Hadn't passed my test so I went on the A1. The clutch was dodgy and got worse, so I came back on the M1. Got stopped by police and ended up with a 3 month ban - no L-plates, driving on motorway with provisional licence etc.

I'll particularly enjoy beating Cas and wiping out memories of by far the two worst final experiences I've ever had. Then I can die happy!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

And at 21.45 no details of the draw on BBC web-site. Lip service again.