Wigan to face Tigers in Cup Quarter Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan to face Tigers in Cup Quarter Final

Post by josie andrews »

* Wigan will face Castleford Tigers in the Challenge Cup Quarter-Finals.

* Wigan Warriors progressed with a 44-18 win over Sheffield Eagles in the Sixth Round.

* Ties to be played weekend of 13-14 April.

WIGAN WARRIORS HAVE BEEN DRAWN TO PLAY CASTLEFORD TIGERS IN THE BETFRED CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER-FINALS.

The Draw was made live on BBC 5Live on Monday evening by 2023 PDC World Champion, Michael Smith and fellow darts ace and Wigan fan, Joe Cullen. Wigan were ball number 8 and were drawn out to play fellow Betfred Super League side….

Draw in Full:

St Helens v Warrington Wolves
Hull KR v Leigh Leopards
Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants
Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors

The Ties will be played on the weekend of 13th – 14th April 2024 with further details to be announced in due course.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... ter-final/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
M6 Warrior

Re: Wigan to face Tigers in Cup Quarter Final

Post by M6 Warrior »

Would have preferred a home draw but certainly can’t complain with that. Great chance for the boys to reach the semi final again :D
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A great draw for me. Takes me 15 to 20 mins to Cas. A great walk "down the lane" as they refer to Wheldon Road. I stand around the 40 metre line nearer to the Wigan end and always get some good banter with Cas fans. I'll take my just turned 11 year old granddaughter for her first visit to Cas, and first match standing (will have to be near the front) and she'll love it. Hope it's an afternoon kick-off.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nice n easy japanesy.Hopefully
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter-final ties

Hull KR v Leigh Leopards – Saturday 13 April, 5pm (BBC2)

Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants – Saturday 13 April, 7pm

Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors – Sunday 14 April, 3pm

St Helens v Warrington Wolves – Sunday 14 April, 4.30pm (BBC2)
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Famous last words, but I think there are at least 5 tougher opponents out of the 7 in the draw. But, of course, in the Cup, there is no room for an off day.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Challenge Cup Quarter-Final ties confirmed

WIGAN WARRIORS WILL TRAVEL TO FACE CASTLEFORD TIGERS IN THE QUARTER-FINALS OF THE BETFRED CHALLENGE CUP IN SUNDAY 14TH APRIL, 3PM K.O.

The Men’s Betfred Challenge Cup returns to BBC TV on the weekend of 13/14 April, with the mouthwatering ties between Hull KR and Leigh Leopards and St Helens and Warrington scheduled for broadcast on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 respectively.

On Saturday 13 cup holders Leigh Leopards visit Sewell Group Craven Park to take on Hull KR in a repeat of last year’s memorable Wembley final, won by the Leopards in dramatic style through Lachlan Lam’s drop goal in golden point extra-time. Kick off in east Hull is 5pm.

24 hours later there’s a repeat of the 2019 final when St Helens take on Super League leaders Warrington Wolves. The Wolves won convincingly at Wembley Stadium that day, 18-4, with Daryl Clark rubbing salt into the Saints’ wounds with a late try. Clark, of course, is now with St Helens and his first game against his old club promises to be one of the biggest of the season. Kick off at the Totally Wicked Stadium is 4.30pm.

Elsewhere, Catalans Dragons have confirmed that their home tie against Huddersfield Giants at Stade Gilbert Brutus will take place on Saturday 13, with a 7pm kick off (local time), and Castleford Tigers will play Wigan Warriors on Sunday 14 at 3pm.

Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter-final ties

Hull KR v Leigh Leopards – Saturday 13 April, 5pm (BBC2)
Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants – Saturday 13 April, 7pm
Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors – Sunday 14 April, 3pm
St Helens v Warrington Wolves – Sunday 14 April, 4.30pm (BBC2)

The draw for the semi-finals of will take place at half-time during the St Helens versus Warrington Wolves match. Semi-finals will be played on the weekend of 18/19 May. The BBC will confirm its semi-final coverage ahead of that weekend and

The Men’s 2024 Betfred Challenge Cup Final (KO 3pm) is part of a Finals Day triple-header at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 8 June, alongside the finals of the Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup (KO 11.45am) and the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup (KO 5.45pm). Tickets are available online now from only £20 Adults and £10 Under 16s, with family packages also available.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... confirmed/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Apparently the draw is a fix because Wigan slipped the RFL a bung or whatever according to Cas fans on Facebook :D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:33 pm Apparently the draw is a fix because Wigan slipped the RFL a bung or whatever according to Cas fans on Facebook :D
I dont think it matters who get cas dave.Im sure they would lose against everyone left in the comp
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE