New Deal for Jake Wardle

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: New Deal for Jake Wardle

Post by Wes »

Anybody received their season tickets yet?🤔 so poor!!!!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wes wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:36 pm Anybody received their season tickets yet?🤔 so poor!!!!
Great news that Jake has re-signed.
One of the best in SL if not the best.
Well done the club!

As for Season Tickets, I've not had mine yet but that's another matter and on another thread!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:31 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:11 pm Gone to the NRL in a year then?
There doesn’t seem to have been any talk about him “wanting to test himself in the NRL one day” you see from many players so hopefully he’s going to be like Lockers and is happy to play for Wigan for the duration of his contract.

Best centre we have had for years probably since Carmont.
I agree last season Wardle was impressive. It's taken a decade for us to get a centre to be on par with Carmont. It showed the difference 2 quality are compared to what we have had since the Carmont Gleeson combination
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Wardle is pure class. Great footwork, solid defensively and knows when to pass to his winger. Terrific signing and even better news he has signed an extended deal. Aussies need to steer well clear!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Really pleased. And England have two cracking centres in Jake and Herbie.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:55 pm Really pleased. And England have two cracking centres in Jake and Herbie.
Dont forget king
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

DaveO wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:31 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:11 pm Gone to the NRL in a year then?
There doesn’t seem to have been any talk about him “wanting to test himself in the NRL one day” you see from many players so hopefully he’s going to be like Lockers and is happy to play for Wigan for the duration of his contract.

Best centre we have had for years probably since Carmont.
Much as I liked Carmont, I think Wardle is a class above him. I would say he is in the Gleason class.
bertina

Post by bertina »

WWRL wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:02 pm Wardle has signed a new five year deal until 2029

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... year-deal/
Fantastic business by the club. Massive well done to all concerned.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Well fair play to the club long term planning is a far better way of running a team than a year here,a year there Wardle is class and I’m surprised other teams didn’t come sniffing for him
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NRL-linked centre agrees to five-year contract

He is the younger brother of former Knights player Joe Wardle.

Wigan Warriors centre Jacob Wardle may have been gaining interest from several NRL clubs, but he won't be joining the NRL competition anytime soon after agreeing to a five-year contract.

Wardle has decided to remain in the Super League with the Wigan Warriors, agreeing to a new contract that will see him stay at the club until the end of the 2029 season.

A member of the Wigan team that defeated the Penrith Panthers in the World Club Challenge earlier this year, reports emerged from News Corp that there were several NRL clubs interested in his services and were attempting to poach him from England.

A one-time Super League winner, Wardle was selected in the 2023 Super League Dream Team and was awarded the Harry Sunderland Trophy for his man-of-the-match performance in the Grand Final - the Super League equivalent of the Clive Churchill Medal.

He has also played over 100 Super League games and has represented England on the international level twice.

“Since I signed I've made everyone aware that I really enjoy it here. It definitely feels like home and I can't wait to see what happens in the next five years," Wardle said in a club statement.

“The 18 months I've been here so far have been enjoyable and I'm looking forward to more enjoyable moments.”

The outside back is no stranger to the NRL with his older brother Joe Wardle previously playing for the Newcastle Knights.

Joe signed with the Knights on a three-year contract but only managed 17 games with the club as he would return to England, citing homesickness

“We're very happy, he's a fantastic player and I think he's in great form at the moment," coach Matt Peet added.

“He's just a fantastic lad, very popular in the playing group – low maintenance, high performance and he's a pleasure to work with. He's a proud father, a family man and hopefully his family are as pleased as we are to have his future secured at Wigan.”

https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl-linked-c ... ct-207613/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan