LEAGUE. Joint Super League and NRL decision set to be made

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: LEAGUE. Joint Super League and NRL decision set to be made

Post by Mike »

SteveT wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm At least the pitch at Cas meets the minimum dimensions whereas the Allegiant Stadium is fit only for the NFL. Wouldn’t suit many Super League clubs to play on a narrow field that’s for sure
They get rid of the areas the NFL teams usually stand in - the pitch looked normal width after that.

Also I think Cas is the minimum dimensions in length(!). There's only 3 metres or somthing between the 30 and 40m lines.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

The pitch is undersized in Vegas, all four teams agreed to play knowing. NFL Games are played on 100yard by 53yard. It was still undersized using all the available outfield!
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

SteveT wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:59 pm The pitch is undersized in Vegas, all four teams agreed to play knowing. NFL Games are played on 100yard by 53yard. It was still undersized using all the available outfield!
As abba once sang money,money,money you’ll play Ona dog turd filled gravel track if the money is right
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

I thought we played on that today!!😁
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

SteveT wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:59 pm The pitch is undersized in Vegas, all four teams agreed to play knowing. NFL Games are played on 100yard by 53yard. It was still undersized using all the available outfield!
It's like 2metres narrow each side. 96 metres long post to post (longer than cas) and 64 metres wide (instead of 68metres). You can't visibly notice. When Wigan played wire we played on the actual NFL pitch - that was pretty narrow for sure.

The biggest difference to the NRL pitches that has the most effect ofn their game IMO were the short in goal areas. They looked the same as SL in goals but the NRL have massive in goals (at least it seems like that to me) so their kickers had far less margin on the in goal kicks. I doubt the pitch width had much impact at all (none of the team I saw could defend very well anyway so they were probably glad of it).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐