New Deal for Jake Wardle

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: New Deal for Jake Wardle

Post by josie andrews »

There is a video of Jake’s early career playing for Huddersfield & England but what I can’t understand is why the Giants let him go! 🤔🤔 First to Wire then to us! Is Watson a coach who has favourites??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Over the moon!
Best centre we’ve had for a long time
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am There is a video of Jake’s early career playing for Huddersfield & England but what I can’t understand is why the Giants let him go! 🤔🤔 First to Wire then to us! Is Watson a coach who has favourites??
No, he is just not very good.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am There is a video of Jake’s early career playing for Huddersfield & England but what I can’t understand is why the Giants let him go! 🤔🤔 First to Wire then to us! Is Watson a coach who has favourites??
No, he is just not very good.
always remember an item on the long forgotten rugby am show about Salford,Watson was in charge and one of the questions was does the coach have favourites and the answer was of course he does, indeed Lee Mossop was a name the players interviewed mentioned so yes I think he does have his favoured players.

Is he any good well that's becoming clear that with Huddersfield he isn't
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Rumour was they clashed over his form/position. Watson wanted him to play right edge, Wardle blamed his performances on being normally left sided. Think both thought the other was being awkward and sure I read they had words and that was the end for Wardle as Watson needed to make a dressing room statement re his authority.
I think Wigan had wanted him for a while and the link was formed when Matty Peet was assisting Lee Briers at England academy or knights. Pretty sure IL more or less told everyone at a corporate event at the start of the season before he signed that we had signed him. I always thought he would be good but I didn't realise how good, his tries and assists at the start this season are very good and he seems to be influencing games more and more.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm Rumour was they clashed over his form/position. Watson wanted him to play right edge, Wardle blamed his performances on being normally left sided. Think both thought the other was being awkward and sure I read they had words and that was the end for Wardle as Watson needed to make a dressing room statement re his authority.
I think Wigan had wanted him for a while and the link was formed when Matty Peet was assisting Lee Briers at England academy or knights. Pretty sure IL more or less told everyone at a corporate event at the start of the season before he signed that we had signed him. I always thought he would be good but I didn't realise how good, his tries and assists at the start this season are very good and he seems to be influencing games more and more.
Yes, he is all that & more.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Watson loves himself and the sound of his own voice . Sooner listen to that cowbell than Watson . Bet Jake couldn't wait to get away from there . Superb player and more to come methinks. 5 year deal excellent business

EW
2002 and EW is hooked