Derby Day!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Derby Day!

Post by Caboosegg »

Field has credit in the bank (masses of ot) but he's.been average this game
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

We will have played 30 mins with 12 men against 14 for 80 mins and we have been very average. Saints have thrown everything they have at us so all isn’t lost.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Pile of sh :!: te
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Bad calls by kendal ruined wn otherwise good match. No feckin high shot there but has to let saints win doesn't he.

We have stuff to fix but if that's the best reffing we have in SL it can go do one.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

O’Neil was immense in defence.
Thought the attack was really poor. French didn’t come alive until the second half, Field and Smith didn’t get involved enough.
Always gonna be hard if all your pivots are anonymous
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Tactically we have been poor today.Didnt deserve to lose but didnt deserve to win either.When faz is running from acting half on tackle 4 you know we are devoid of ideas.I know a lot of people will disagree but im still not convinced with bev as a six
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

We didn't offer much against their line speed in the first half. We were a man shot for 1/3rd of the match, but Saints have shown that they are still capable of matching us on their day. Can they do it over a season - I doubt it.
Last edited by morley pie eater on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Poor execution on the day, again poor decisions.

Did we have an unused sub as well, along with short minutes from Mago?

Field is not using his speed at FB when returning his kicks.

Hope this is the wake up we need and we kick on from here.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 pm Tactically we have been poor today.Didnt deserve to lose but didnt deserve to win either.When faz is running from acting half on tackle 4 you know we are devoid of ideas.I know a lot of people will disagree but im still not convinced with bev as a six
Agree with most of what you say, Fs. I think, on his day, Bevan can beat most teams on his own. For him to beat Saints that way is expecting too much.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Have to stop wasting a spot on the bench, either play Nsemba or put a different player on the bench you are confident playing.

Still very disappointed with the reffing, Kendall was a disgrace, missing high tackles against us and giving marginal ones against them, no sin bin for tripping or shoulder charges that caused an HIA.