Derby Day!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Derby Day!

Post by moto748 »

No, it's not. But it's great to have that in the the locker, and it was nearly good enough to win us the game.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 pm Can’t blame the ref when you lose if the opposition only scores 12 points.

I am not surprised we have lost today given the performances since the WCC which have have been lacklustre. We have been scraping through games and that was the reckoning as Dai put it.

On paper we have what looks like the best squad in the league but they still need coaching and the fact we have had another poor performance is for Peet to fix. There is more to being a successful RL side than signing the best players and sending them on the pitch. That is what Leeds used to do in the 80’s and 90’s. The fact we won the WCC is no excuse for the form since.
It’s hard to disagree the form since that night has been fairly poor and the wheels finally came off today perhaps now they will get on their game and start to put markers down,I said to my wife on the way home from the Penrith game now,not that night,grand final et al is going to be the sternest test for Peet to get their headspace’s back out of whatever cloud they all seem to be in and get em cracking.

And stop the petulant behaviour too,I’m still in a state of shock Harry Smith got binned during the Salford game Jesus wept enough it was something that had stopped during the Peet era but is right back as witnessed today.

No arguments over Kendall I wouldn’t have been surprised if Dupree had gotten a red tbh think he may well be up before the beak on Tuesday is it.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Great to read some very honest and realistic comments on here. I sometimes switch off at the "blame the ref" and "the end is nigh" sort of stuff.

We lost but we can do much better. THE END (© Medlocke.)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Field looks a shadow of the player we know he can be, Byrne wouldn't get in this team when everyone is fit imo. In fact I would have preferred Hill in the 17. To be fair to Kendal I've seen him have worse games. I'm a big fan of Isa for his work rate but thought we should have spelled him second half for Nsemba.
Peet will fix us up and we will see who's celebrating come the end of season. Heads up and let's move on, c'mon Wigan.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

It was a great defensive effort today. But like Salford our attack lacks any structure. Bevan is a great individual player as his tries show but he doesn’t bring the best out of the rest of the backs. We struggle to create overlaps and our scrum plays have been poor considering the pace we have.

I would swop Keighran and Bevan around. He has played 6 for Catalan and would give Bevan a bit more space to work in. Somehow we need to get Field more ball and get him involved more in attack. The other issue we have is that our second rows don’t make any impact in attack,

If we continue to attack like we have in the last few games, we will struggle at Leigh. As no doubt our forward pack is going to be missing Dupree and Byrne.

This is where the coaches earn their money when we hit bumps in the road.
CherryB

Post by CherryB »

I think Field lost his confidence after those two early fumbles and then late in the game didn’t compete and let them score. He is an outstanding attacking player, but his mistakes are too costly and he is becoming a luxury that we can’t afford.

Can’t say I’m impressed with our new players. Thompson is a good prop, but not worth the mega money we are paying him. Keghran is an outstanding goal kicker who offers not much else for Cats, so why sign him then not use his kicking? Leeming has yet to prove he is any better than Powell. Hopefully they can show improvements when they settle in, but so far, there is nothing to suggest they will.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

robbobillinge wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 pm Tough question for the coach: why pick a player & not use him? We will never know whether it would have made a difference, but why? If you’re not willing to play him don’t pick him.
Matt has a history of doing this. It makes no sense, when you are down to 12 players you have to rotate the forwards. Mago hardly featured as did Leeming.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 pm Great to read some very honest and realistic comments on here. I sometimes switch off at the "blame the ref" and "the end is nigh" sort of stuff.

The best team won Morley.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 pm Great to read some very honest and realistic comments on here. I sometimes switch off at the "blame the ref" and "the end is nigh" sort of stuff.

It did no point bellyaching about it.

I do feel as well they are missing Toby King as well
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzie58 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 pm

It did no point bellyaching about it.

I do feel as well they are missing Toby King as well
Unfortunately i dont think keighran is in kings league but lets remember king started off badly
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE