Options v Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Options v Leigh

Post by widdenoldboy »

Assuming all are fit and expecting bans for Dupree and Byrne what are the options for the squad?

Hill and Nsemba to play seems logical, who else is in the frame?
Charriots Offiah

Re: Options v Leigh

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:51 pm Assuming all are fit and expecting bans for Dupree and Byrne what are the options for the squad?

Havard and Cooper can’t be far off a return.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Chan as well.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:51 pm Assuming all are fit and expecting bans for Dupree and Byrne what are the options for the squad?

Do you mean in the 17 or to play?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Peet said Havard was back on the field training with the team in the build up to Sheffield, so I don’t think he’ll be long but presuming he’s not ready for Thursday and Byrne/Dupree get banned, we still have some good options. I’d probably go along the lines of-

Field
Miski Keighran Wardle Marshall
French Smith
Thompson O’Neill Hill
Isa Farrell Ellis

Subs
Mago
Chan
Nsemba
Leeming
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:54 pm Peet said Havard was back on the field training with the team in the build up to Sheffield, so I don’t think he’ll be long but presuming he’s not ready for Thursday and Byrne/Dupree get banned, we still have some good options. I’d probably go along the lines of-

Field
Miski Keighran Wardle Marshall
French Smith
Thompson O’Neill Hill
Isa Farrell Ellis

Subs
Mago
Chan
Nsemba
Leeming
Seems about right does that line up. Should there be a problem in the backs then Eckersley to come in. Whoever may not play we'd lose experience but certainly not pace which would un nerve the opposition.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Brilliant to hear that Havard is nearly fit. He is a terrific player. We should be able to make sure his hamstring issues don’t recur with the right training/treatment/physio. He’s a prop not a winger. Looking forward to seeing Walters start his career for us, and like what I have seen from Nsemba. I think those 3 would give us an extra dimension.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:16 pm Brilliant to hear that Havard is nearly fit. He is a terrific player. We should be able to make sure his hamstring issues don’t recur with the right training/treatment/physio. He’s a prop not a winger. Looking forward to seeing Walters start his career for us, and like what I have seen from Nsemba. I think those 3 would give us an extra dimension.
To get Walters in that second row and Havard in to the prop rotation will be massive for us. They’re two huge lads but bring so much more than that. Havard is a supreme athlete and along with the big minutes Thompson is doing, those two can really help make sure the intensity remains Sky high. Walters is just going to bring so much threat to that right hand side. I wouldn’t hear a bad word said about Willie Isa but he’s at the back end and isn’t going to really threaten the oppositions defence. Adam Keighran and Bevan French will benefit from his presence over there, as will Jai Field when he chimes in.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Fujiman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:06 pm

Do you mean in the 17 or to play?
I see what you did there :lol:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Just catching up with the weekend's other games and I'd say its a good time to play Leigh (and I'm sure they'd say the same about us).

They are really missing their injured lads and I think we'll be missing a few as well.

So. Havard is a long shot but may on the bench or is it just too soon?