Disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzie58

Re: Disciplinary

Post by fozzie58 »

Bryne led with his shoulder (just) into Percival head so yes bang to rights I fear.

And I’ve just watched it now at no point whatsoever does the video ref mention all Kendall say no mitigation so red card so enough with this fantasy of the video ref saying it’s yellow he didn’t.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

fozzie58 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:10 pm Bryne led with his shoulder (just) into Percival head so yes bang to rights I fear.

And I’ve just watched it now at no point whatsoever does the video ref mention all Kendall say no mitigation so red card so enough with this fantasy of the video ref saying it’s yellow he didn’t.
I thought it was me . I played it back a few times and I never heard any yellow card being mentioned. I disagree tho on severity of grading. Lees was as bad
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

3-5 matches to me seems very harsh, the multiple sending offs are spoiling games for me. There is also no consistency with the refs decisions.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:10 pm Bryne led with his shoulder (just) into Percival head so yes bang to rights I fear.

I thought it was me . I played it back a few times and I never heard any yellow card being mentioned. I disagree tho on severity of grading. Lees was as bad
That's the problem, no consistency. Percival received a two match ban for the same offence.
Charriots Offiah

Flash wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:16 pm How is Byrne's worse than this?

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... ed-for-foul-play
It's not.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Looks like the club anticipated this inconsistency and problems which the Dis Panel would come up with. The number of props signed given the number of forwards out with injury and suspension is mounting up.

We have Havard, Cooper and Eseh injured with now Byrne and Dupree banned. Yet we still have four props available for selection v Leigh, Thompson, Mago, Hill and Chan. MP could also select Ellis at prop if he swapped the rest of his pack around.

Great anticipation by the club and backing themselves by putting money into the signings.
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm

I'm sorry I have to correct you all. The Sky commentator earlier in the game said "we can hear everything the VR says but they can't hear us". If you watch the full match and not just the edited highlights where Kendall makes his decision you'll hear the following fron Sky commentary "I've heard the VR say it's a sin bin and the words mitigating circumstances". Therefore he too was shocked when Mr Kendall went for a red card. Make of all this what you will.
Charriots Offiah

Wigan to challenge Dupree ban.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:47 pm

It's not.
In fact Percival appears to jump up into the tackle adding force and the opposite of dipping into th etackle so it could be argued Percival's was worse - crazy it's been graded so high.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Big Steve wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:34 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:47 pm

It's not.
In fact Percival appears to jump up into the tackle adding force and the opposite of dipping into th etackle so it could be argued Percival's was worse - crazy it's been graded so high.
I thought the same Steve. Percival makes no attempt to affect a tackle at all. He throws himself at the head of the Salford player. Byrne is at least attempting a legitimate tackle even if he gets it wrong.