Disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Mike »

Bob the Builder wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:07 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:10 pm Bryne led with his shoulder (just) into Percival head so yes bang to rights I fear.

And I’ve just watched it now at no point whatsoever does the video ref mention all Kendall say no mitigation so red card so enough with this fantasy of the video ref saying it’s yellow he didn’t.
I thought it was me . I played it back a few times and I never heard any yellow card being mentioned. I disagree tho on severity of grading. Lees was as bad
I'm sorry I have to correct you all. The Sky commentator earlier in the game said "we can hear everything the VR says but they can't hear us". If you watch the full match and not just the edited highlights where Kendall makes his decision you'll hear the following fron Sky commentary "I've heard the VR say it's a sin bin and the words mitigating circumstances". Therefore he too was shocked when Mr Kendall went for a red card. Make of all this what you will.
I heard them say something along the lines of "he's talking about mitigation, so it will be a yellow" whilst he was talking to his pundit. He could easily have heard the word mitigation whilst half listening, and assumed yellow. However the ref is listening to the VR without talking at the same time and would likely receive the message in full. IMO we don't know the ref was told there was mitigation and its a yellow and then decided to say there was no mitigation, we have only second hand information from someone not really paying attention. Seems unlikely to me. I've not heard that happen before when we could hear the VR.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tribunal: Liam Byrne

A MEETING OF THE OPERATIONAL RULES TRIBUNAL HAS FOUND LIAM BYRNE GUILTY OF A GRADE E OFFENCE OF HEAD CONTACT IN THE BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE FIXTURE AT ST HELENS ON GOOD FRIDAY.

Liam Byrne has been suspended for four matches and fined £750.

Tyler Dupree was unsuccessful in a challenge against the grading of a Grade C Head Contact charge from the same fixture on Good Friday. The one-match suspension issued by the Match Review Panel therefore stands, along with a £500 fine.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... iam-byrne/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

So his clean record hasn’t even been took into consideration!! 🤬🤬
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Well that was a waste of petrol money.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Mike wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:34 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:07 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm

I thought it was me . I played it back a few times and I never heard any yellow card being mentioned. I disagree tho on severity of grading. Lees was as bad
I'm sorry I have to correct you all. The Sky commentator earlier in the game said "we can hear everything the VR says but they can't hear us". If you watch the full match and not just the edited highlights where Kendall makes his decision you'll hear the following fron Sky commentary "I've heard the VR say it's a sin bin and the words mitigating circumstances". Therefore he too was shocked when Mr Kendall went for a red card. Make of all this what you will.
I heard them say something along the lines of "he's talking about mitigation, so it will be a yellow" whilst he was talking to his pundit. He could easily have heard the word mitigation whilst half listening, and assumed yellow. However the ref is listening to the VR without talking at the same time and would likely receive the message in full. IMO we don't know the ref was told there was mitigation and its a yellow and then decided to say there was no mitigation, we have only second hand information from someone not really paying attention. Seems unlikely to me. I've not heard that happen before when we could hear the VR.
Woods should have kept his mouth shut simple as that,let’s hope lessons are learnt now and no more of this I’m hearing crap,keep quiet and let a conversation take place between VR and the main man in the middle and not put the commentator take on things,Kendal listened intently without a word till he gave his decision that’s the cold hard truth of the matter,sky are not on the pitch they are listening too many voices in their ears so in my opinion should shut up and say nowt.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

4 games for Byrne is an absolute joke.
Things will never change, there will always be contact with the head, no matter how long they ban players for.
It's just making the game into a complete farce.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well i didnt expect any different tbh.Oh well we can still beat leigh as long as we are a bit more expansive with the ball.Still plenty firepower in our team and hill wont let us down
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:07 pm Well i didnt expect any different tbh.Oh well we can still beat leigh as long as we are a bit more expansive with the ball.Still plenty firepower in our team and hill wont let us down
No young Hill isn’t a bad replacement at all but no sad to say the length was as expected but onwards Leigh not in any great shape form wise themselves
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So we now know players need to roll around on the floor to ensure the opposition gets long ban.

I'm fine with a ban but they have no set the standard and similar incidents should be dealt with accordingly.

One thing I don't agree with is the fine being placed. Could you imagine being docked salary because of a error in work.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

4 matches, not as bad as I was fearing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐