Referee for Thursday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Thursday

Post by josie andrews »

Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors

04th April, KO: 20:00

M Com: R. Safi

Referee: J. Smith

Reserve Referee: J. Vella
Touch Judge 1: R. Cox
Touch Judge 2: W. Turley
Video Referee: L. Moore
Time Keeper: R. Connolly
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Re: Referee for Thursday

Post by Southern Softy »

He refereed Warrington v Cats last week and gave the worst reffing display of the season. Cats scored 3 tries at the start and Smith then decided to even things up and brought Warrington back into the match by half-time.
As the second half began, Micky Mac took it on himself to query every decision and miraculously Cats started scoring again. Could be a way to neutralise a bad referee.

He has reffed us once before this season and he wasn't a ref having a bad day but a very, very bad referee.
Expect lots of inconsistency and one side suddenly being penalised and conceding 'six-agains'.

I hope we're resilient enough to win despite him.

Never thought I'd say it but where's Liam Moore when you need him?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Sadly, it came to pass.
The only word to describe him (printable) is random.
An early penalty for markers not standing square and then he forgot about it for most of the game. He did get Mago not playing the ball correctly right.
Faz as a dummy runner collides (or is collided with) and it's a penalty.
Miski in midair and committed is deemed to be guilty of a late hit.
And what on earth was that weird decision where we had a scrum 15 metres out? Harry did a runaround and then Smith blew his whistle and awarded a scrum in the same place as before!
Leigh knock on - the ball travels forward 30/35 metres - Field dives on it - play restarts from where Field collected the ball not where the knock on took place.
And Moylan's a lucky boy. I know Field slipped but Moylan didn't even pretend to tackle - just a forearm directly to the head.
I hope we don't get Smith again for a very long time.
And sorry for the bit about Liam Moore who doesn't seem to understand that when French touched down before he was rolled over, it was a try even when they helpfully stopped the replay with the ball down on the line!
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Seen far worse, at least we didn't need the reserve 'referee'
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The funniest/most anoying thing that i saw was after the Mago bad play the ball hand over, the Leigh player restarts with the most obvious step over, not attempting to play the ball, PTB you'll ever see. Nothing given.

BTW we opted for the re-scrum I believe. Differential pen or rescrum, its up to us.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐