4 More Years of Sir Bevan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: 4 More Years of Sir Bevan

Post by Firestarter »

No room for cleary then 😭😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:36 pm As a big thank you I will offer the 2 lads Bevin & Jay Field free fishing on my specimen lake with cats to 69 lbs carp to 35 lbs & other fish to 72 lbs overnight heated cabins . They can contact me at ddtftf@aol.com And no not advertising I have over 130 wanting memberships .
I can vouch for that fantastic lake loved it. Was a member up to a couple of years ago had to give it up to look after my terminally ill brother spent many a good day and night with him on all lakes. Seen a few of players on lake even photos of on in a cabin. Have to say the whole site is a credit to you (sorry for off topic but got me thinking)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ian.birchall wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:56 pm It's going to make the Rumour section of the board very boring next close season though, :lol:
Still waiting for Wendel Sailor or AB to sign. Those rumours never quashed
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:19 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:56 pm It's going to make the Rumour section of the board very boring next close season though, :lol:
Add Patrick Ah Van to that list
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wendell's lad's not bad.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:22 pm
How could I forget.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’d like to think that he will be here for another 4 years but I think it’s with demanding a fee if the NRL come sniffing.
Good abit of business from the club.
Hope he stays though!!!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Must credit Kris Radlinski for his part in Bevan making this decision. It seems to me that the support he had from the club over the past year or more - time off, help with visas for his dad and brother - will have played a big part in him deciding to sign the new contract.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:58 pm I’d like to think that he will be here for another 4 years but I think it’s with demanding a fee if the NRL come sniffing.
I don’t think it is. The same was said with Wardle and Field. I think the club is expecting all three to see their contracts through and it seems as if the club is intent on building a top side.

If we have a repeat of that depressing time under IL when it seemed that was the only reason long contracts were handed out and one player after another was off to the NRL with all the attendant BS that went with it from the club then I think that will backfire. All the talk of building an ethos with Peet signed up for seven years and so on will be meaningless.

I am far more optimistic over recent new deals handed out being made with the full intention of them being honoured.

If the long contract has anything to do with a fee I think it’s more likely to put NRL suitors off. I don’t think they would want to pay a big fee to sign someone for potentially their last contract in the case of French. The players we will have a harder time holding onto will be the younger ones who will come through in the future in my opinion.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

thegimble wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:57 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:22 pm

How could I forget.
100 lines for you my lad.