Squad for Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ipinwigan

Re: Squad for Leigh

Post by Ipinwigan »

Justice done with Moylan missing the penalty, what exactly is Miski meant to do, disappear?
He tackles the passer just as the ball leaves his hands.
Common sense just isn't used in the game, a player challenging an attacker, just can't disappear if the player passes the ball, he leaves him and he could still run with it.
Likewise Jack Smith is crucifying us in the play the ball for supposedly lying on, Leigh are obviously not doing it!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The most inconsistencies in refereeing is unbelievable. Vaughan tip tackle - sin bin, Lam - penalty. Moylan, shoulder charge to the head -sin bin, Byrne - sent off. Now I am not one for seeing players sat in the stands but somebody needs to get a grip of this it is killing the game.
Charriots Offiah

Ipinwigan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:54 pm Justice done with Moylan missing the penalty, what exactly is Miski meant to do, disappear?
He tackles the passer just as the ball leaves his hands.
Common sense just isn't used in the game, a player challenging an attacker, just can't disappear if the player passes the ball, he leaves him and he could still run with it.
Likewise Jack Smith is crucifying us in the play the ball for supposedly lying on, Leigh are obviously not doing it!!!!!
Spot on mate. We were lucky to see the tries after Derek’s entertainment.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

The refereeing and current RFL rules are driving me insane, the game is being completely ruined by over zealous refereeing.
Jack Smith just can't make a decision on a try, unless it's Leigh scoring.
The one for French was a farce "check onside, offside", he was the one who kicked it 😡
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Ipinwigan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:04 pm The refereeing and current RFL rules are driving me insane, the game is being completely ruined by over zealous refereeing.
Jack Smith just can't make a decision on a try, unless it's Leigh scoring.
The one for French was a farce "check onside, offside", he was the one who kicked it 😡
He's just gone again :oops:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Much better all round, and, credit where its due, great use of the bench players.
Charriots Offiah

Miski looks to have a fitness issue and we need to sort our goal kicking out.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

well illness prevented me going tonight but hey ho there you go as for the performance well it was much improved so lets hope the defeat has done its job and shaken them a little bit if that's the case then that's what was needed, you can't tell much from Tv but Miski isn't in any sort of form and his defence isn't great at the moment as mentioned I wonder if hes got a knock.

but much better tonight
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Best part for me was watching fields try in slo mo.He doesnt look to be going fast and hes only half speed.Now if you watch when field start to run hanley gives everything to match him for about 20 yards.Its funny coz field is still cruising.Suprised charnley ever catches the ball with him arms flailing wide every time hes tackled.Great win and everybody played well.Smith mom followed close by french but we defo need keighran kicking
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Good performance and the young forwards who came in did well. Agree about the goal kicking.

It was a strange decision to nominate Smith as the kicker having signed one with a better percentage. While he improved towards the end of last season he did have some real stinkers goal kicking.

Now he is the nominated kicker how does Peet take the job off him if this poor form continues?