Field: Match the physicality

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Field: Match the physicality

Post by josie andrews »

* Jai Field looks ahead to Thursday night’s Betfred Super League Round 7 clash against Leigh Leopards.

* Field: “Leigh are a good side who play some good footy and we know that we must match the physicality.”

* Watch full pre-match previews with Matt Peet and Jai Field on Wigan TV HERE.

JAI FIELD HAS LOOKED AHEAD TO THURSDAY NIGHT’S BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE ROUND 7 CLASH AGAINST LEIGH LEOPARDS.

The Warriors face the Leopards in the first Battle of the Borough meeting of the season at Leigh Sports Village on Thursday night, as Wigan look to make an immediate return to winning ways.

Reflecting on the Rivals Round defeat to St Helens, Field said: “It was a tough and physical Good Friday game like always and even though we didn’t get the result we wanted, it’s a learning curve moving forwards this week.”

On preparations ahead of the clash against Leigh Leopards, Field said: “We don’t get as much time on the ground with the short turnaround, but we had a good final session out there yesterday. It’s been more about revision and looking at the learnings we can take from Friday’s defeat into this one.”

On Leigh Leopards, Field added: “Leigh are a good side who play some good footy and we know that we must match the physicality.”

The Warriors will be backed by a strong number of travelling supporters at Leigh Sports Village, and on the fans, Field said: “The support all through the back of last year and into the start of this season has been unreal. We can’t fault how well our fans have travelled and when they are there in numbers it really does motivate you.”

Tickets for Thursday’s clash at Leigh Leopards remain on general sale from the DW Stadium Ticket Office and online HERE. Please note that there will be no on the day sales from Leigh Leopards.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... ysicality/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Field: Match the physicality

Post by Firestarter »

I think with all the forwards we have missing we should concentrate on outplaying them in our far superior backline.Maybe this is just a shield
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:27 am I think with all the forwards we have missing we should concentrate on outplaying them in our far superior backline.Maybe this is just a shield
100% with you, bring Nsemba onto the pitch and move the ball a bit more, get Field and French running off Mago. We are OK on our go forward with the players available.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Forecast is not good, which doesn't help.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:54 am
Firestarter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:27 am I think with all the forwards we have missing we should concentrate on outplaying them in our far superior backline.Maybe this is just a shield
100% with you, bring Nsemba onto the pitch and move the ball a bit more, get Field and French running off Mago. We are OK on our go forward with the players available.
Move the ball more - check
Nsemba on the pitch - try and good performance - check
Field running off Mago - check
Raining - check (sorry Moto :oops: )
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:42 pm
Yea did everything called for and leemimg certainly proved himself
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:52 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:42 pm

Yea did everything called for and leemimg certainly proved himself
:D

No checks for:

Wigan getting a 6 again
Leigh being "not square"
Leigh being offside
Leigh not playing the ball correctly