Wigan sign Rease Casey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan sign Rease Casey

Post by josie andrews »

WIGAN WARRIORS WOMEN ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF YOUNG FORWARD, REASE CASEY, FROM WESTERN CLYDESDALES IN THE BMD PREMIERSHIP.

Born in Brisbane, Australia on 8th November 2002, the 21-year-old comes over from Australia to join the Warriors for the 2024 Betfred Women’s Super League season.

Casey represented the Indigenous Roosters Academy at the age of 18, she then moved to Wynnum Manly Seagulls in the BMD Premiership where she played 15 games over two seasons.

Most recently she represented Western Clydesdales, also in the BMD Premiership, alongside Jillaroo World Cup winners Ali Brigginshaw and Kezie Apps, before making the move to Wigan.

Casey has Heritage with the Indigenous Nationals Team and has also represented Asian United.

Casey can play loose forward (Lock) but is very versatile and can also play second row and hooker. The Aussie forward will take the number 35 shirt and is available for selection for this weekend’s Challenge Cup group game against Cardiff Demons.

Speaking on joining the Club, Casey said: “I’ve been playing a long time and playing at the highest level over in Australia under the NRLW so I wanted to have a go overseas.

“I was quite nervous coming over but the group have been really welcoming and I can’t wait to get started.”

On his new signing, Head Coach Denis Betts said:”We were looking across the whole of Women’s Rugby League and opening our eyes to what is going on over in Australia – not just in the NRLW but outside of it too.

“Rease has the potential to go on and play NRLW but she has a drive to want to play in this Country. She’s made herself available not only to experience Rugby League over here but it’s also a chance for her to see another part of the World and she is young enough to do so.”

He added: “It all just aligned really. We were looking for quality players in the marketplace, Rease had a desire to play in Super League and she’s got some great qualities. She can play pivotal roles across the park, a lot of good skills and she’s been playing a long time at a really good standard. She’s got the potential to really light up Super League this year.”

Watch Wigan Warriors Women in Challenge Cup action this Sunday 7 April (2pm K.O.) at Robin Park Arena. Season Ticket Holders can gain FREE Entry on production of your 2024 Season Card or Proof of purchase of 2024 Season Ticket. Non-members Adults £5 and Concessions £3.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... ase-casey/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan