Catalans. vs. St Helens

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Catalans. vs. St Helens

Post by Firestarter »

Saints70 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:48 am As a saints fan who pops up here now and again , i think this is a lot more balanced and less bitter than the crap on rlfans. Anyway i expected us to get beat tonight , we not won there since 2018 even though we bagged 4 on the bounce since then.

Fact is we have zero pace, and bennison must be wellens love child,im 53 and quicler than him.
Ide back bennison against miski although miski has so much more to his game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

As well as Hurrell shoulder charge which could have led to a penalty try, there was also Bell leading with elbow making direct contact with the head (not chest) then after being tackled makes two punches to the head of the tackler whilst lying on the ground. That was at about the 68 minute mark. I thought I would highlight this because living in St Helens I got hammered over the Dupree elbow to the chest. Should have been sent off, they were not happy with them having 14 against our 12, we should have been down to 11.

Great game to watch, high intensity, could have gone either way. I think Catalans deserved it though after losing Abdull & Johnstone, the rest of the players gave everything and more.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Saints70 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:22 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:15 am I thought that Moore refereed the game well tonight, certainly a lot better than the Leigh v Wigan game. Had he refereed it to the letter of the law then I think we would have seen 50 penalties this evening, mostly against Saints. Knowles, Sironen and Walmsley get away with murder around the ruck.
Maybe they do, but we think the same about farrell
The difference is that we get constantly penalised.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:23 pm
Saints70 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:22 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:15 am I thought that Moore refereed the game well tonight, certainly a lot better than the Leigh v Wigan game. Had he refereed it to the letter of the law then I think we would have seen 50 penalties this evening, mostly against Saints. Knowles, Sironen and Walmsley get away with murder around the ruck.
Maybe they do, but we think the same about farrell
The difference is that we get constantly penalised.
This!
Charriots Offiah

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:34 am
Saints70 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:48 am As a saints fan who pops up here now and again , i think this is a lot more balanced and less bitter than the crap on rlfans. Anyway i expected us to get beat tonight , we not won there since 2018 even though we bagged 4 on the bounce since then.

Fact is we have zero pace, and bennison must be wellens love child,im 53 and quicler than him.
Miski is obviously injured and that is impacting his contribution to the side. As for Bennison, he is a young fullback who is plying his trade on the wing, hardly his fault blame the coach.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:38 pm

Miski is obviously injured and that is impacting his contribution to the side. As for Bennison, he is a young fullback who is plying his trade on the wing, hardly his fault blame the coach.
I like miski chariots , im just stating he isnt fast.His finishing and workrate is fantastic.i agree hes not 100%
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:38 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:38 pm

I like miski chariots , im just stating he isnt fast.His finishing and workrate is fantastic.i agree hes not 100%
I wasn’t suggesting otherwise my friend, I too like him. He is clearly struggling at the moment, I know he is not quick but Charnley caught him easily following his interception. Also, he is not making the same yardage at the moment. I think we will have to take him out of the firing line and get the lad right. Regarding Keighran, I think he can become a classic centre, more in the Wardle mould rather than King.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Miski may be played at Cas in the C Cup but stood down for the SL game at the DW the following Friday.
Eckersley seems the front man for the position although he may well have competition for the place from Douglas.
We do seem to have young quality players ready to step up.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzie58 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:06 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:40 pm Watch the match and see how many times Saints not square at the play the ball its all the match and see Hurrell shoulder charge & nothing given, trying everything to deny a Catalans try .
Must admit I thought it was a shoulder charge too
VR blinded to everything else looking at the grounding only. How can you miss the shoulder charge?

Saints are pretty blunt in attack. They had most of the game against us and cats but can't get over the line.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Mike wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:03 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:06 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:40 pm Watch the match and see how many times Saints not square at the play the ball its all the match and see Hurrell shoulder charge & nothing given, trying everything to deny a Catalans try .
Must admit I thought it was a shoulder charge too
VR blinded to everything else looking at the grounding only. How can you miss the shoulder charge?

Saints are pretty blunt in attack. They had most of the game against us and cats but can't get over the line.
Well that's the conclusion my wife came up with,the VR simply isn't interested in anything else bar the grounding seems odd to me.

Saints to me and I include the Good Friday game too,arent the side they where they seem as you say blunt in attack, bar Wesley who can create something out of nothing the rest of them are much of a muchness, their rebuild is coming and will be a serious test of Wellens's ability.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem