Catalans. vs. St Helens

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Catalans. vs. St Helens

Post by josie andrews »

fozzie58 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:01 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:03 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:06 pm

Must admit I thought it was a shoulder charge too
VR blinded to everything else looking at the grounding only. How can you miss the shoulder charge?

Saints are pretty blunt in attack. They had most of the game against us and cats but can't get over the line.
Well that's the conclusion my wife came up with,the VR simply isn't interested in anything else bar the grounding seems odd to me.

Saints to me and I include the Good Friday game too,arent the side they where they seem as you say blunt in attack, bar Wesley who can create something out of nothing the rest of them are much of a muchness, their rebuild is coming and will be a serious test of Wellens's ability.
The video ref can only look at what the on field ref tells them to.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:08 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:01 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:03 pm

VR blinded to everything else looking at the grounding only. How can you miss the shoulder charge?

Saints are pretty blunt in attack. They had most of the game against us and cats but can't get over the line.
Well that's the conclusion my wife came up with,the VR simply isn't interested in anything else bar the grounding seems odd to me.

Saints to me and I include the Good Friday game too,arent the side they where they seem as you say blunt in attack, bar Wesley who can create something out of nothing the rest of them are much of a muchness, their rebuild is coming and will be a serious test of Wellens's ability.
The video ref can only look at what the on field ref tells them to.
I'm not sure that's true anymore, is it? It used to be said that they should only look at what the ref asked, but they always looked at everything, are we back to that now?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Must admit I thought the rules had changed because of there video ref being there at every match?

Not sure to be honest I know that was the case when it was VR at tv games only but of course happy to be wrong :)
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I think they generally look at everything, if the try is scored from a kick the ref may ask to check the grounding but the VR always checks for offside first regardless, then proceeds to check for anything else, maybe it is just the merits of a penalty try the ref has to ask for, whcih maybe the VR can't award without being asked, who knows anymore
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

2 ref challenges is the answer like NRL it works and keeps the game genuine
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The camera-work and technology is so much better in the NRL, compared to the limited fuzzy angles we see on SL. Unless we had that technology, and it seems there isn't the money in the sport here to support it, I'm not convinced a challenge system is viable.