FOG

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Boy next door

FOG

Post by Boy next door »

There is talk that the match may be called off but it has to be before 60 minutes for it to be posponed. Bring on the fog!!
GeoffN

Re: FOG

Post by GeoffN »

Boy next door posted:
There is talk that the match may be called off but it has to be before 60 minutes for it to be posponed. Bring on the fog!!
Listening on GMR (half-time now) and the commentators are complaining they can't see anything...which sounds good to me at 20-6 down!
Abandon the match now!
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

it was never was a question of wether we lose but by how many, the best thing so far is the GMR COMMENTARY
its the only laugh I've had with wigan rceently
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

How funny was that commentary, its the only thing keeping me smiling now. Sounds like perhaps another game that should have been postponed, the first being the salford one.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Yeah that was some of the funniest commentating i have heard. Kept me listening even though we lost
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
turf

Post by turf »

The game should have been stopped it was that foggy? If the GMR commentators could not see who was coring or who was even playing, then it must have been bad.

But, if Ronnie Laughton could see the two sets of posts from the halfway line, then there's no problem.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Yeah agree with ya but if the paying public cant see the game then whats the point in playing. Have read that suporters only knew what was going on due to the pa system. Never knew who had scored until it was announced.
turf

Post by turf »

What happened there then? You did not realised we had scored? Weren't there other fans cheering? Also, just read on Super League website that the Richards try was set up by Dallas.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Yeah thats what they said on radio but the commentators didnt know that dallas and richards had gone 80 yards and scored until someone pointed out that wigan had scored under the posts. Quite comical really. As for the fans cheering they did not have a clue supposedly. Why on the match report does it say tickle scored though?
turf

Post by turf »

I don't quite know. On the bbc.co.uk/rugbyleague website it says "Chris Mckenna and Lesley Vainikolo completed the home scoring while Brett Dallas sped in for a consolation score".

My point is who has the try been given to, Richards or Dallas? Ah well, we'll soon find out in the WEP tomorrow won't we.