Head coach Tony Smith leaves Hull FC after poor start to Super League season

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: Head coach Tony Smith leaves Hull FC after poor start to Super League season

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Genuine question, but what advantage do Hull get from paying players off? I thought this still counted against the salary cap.
Firestarter

Re: Head coach Tony Smith leaves Hull FC after poor start to Super League season

Post by Firestarter »

fozzie58 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:24 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:25 pm Strange one that.Hull seem to think a name means everything.Unless they know something we dont
Sam burgess,Wayne Bennett Mickey Mouse,Pluto there names mate..Richie Myler isn't :lol:
Yes haha i know what you mean.They seem to sign players and coaches and think job done.Obviously myler as a player( maybe ish) but in this role??? Like i said , do thry know something we dont?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:56 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:24 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:25 pm Strange one that.Hull seem to think a name means everything.Unless they know something we dont
Sam burgess,Wayne Bennett Mickey Mouse,Pluto there names mate..Richie Myler isn't :lol:
Yes haha i know what you mean.They seem to sign players and coaches and think job done.Obviously myler as a player( maybe ish) but in this role??? Like i said , do thry know something we dont?
Its almost as if they've employed mystic meg to headhunt him I can't fathom what he would bring to the table really, unless he is backed by moneymen that's the only thing I can think of because while a playing career is that,a playing career it doesn't really school you in the role hes being touted for, unless as you say Hull knows something we don't but trouble is Hull always act like this as you say theres no grand plan, no coherent plan to map out the next 5 years rather lets sign the same big lumps we've been signing for years and hope for the best.

Very odd
The artist formally known as fozziekskem