Isa injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Isa injury

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Could be a career ender. Anyone there would have seen his foot facing the wrong way. Absolutely awful
Firestarter

Re: Isa injury

Post by Firestarter »

I said to bloke at side ov us. If willie stays down its bad
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Career ender I reckon, get him deregistered and moved to a community based job within the club if it is and bring in another veteran body
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:56 pm I said to bloke at side ov us. If willie stays down its bad
Yes it’s not something he does is it if he’s down then it’s a bad one
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I appreciate the "journeyman" type player (or whatever name you'd apply) as I think every good team not only has them, but needs them.

I think this originates from bringing my lads up - one of them played 2nd row for Churwell juniors. He wasn't great on attack, and didn't get enough passes to improve, but he could tackle. I got him to develop his skills by watching Ian Potter.

Anyway, Big Willie is a hero of mine, unsung maybe, but I like him. What happened today was right in front of us - I took the granddaughter into the "family area" at the side of the main stand. I'm sure all of us wish him well, and thank him for the effort, commitment, example etc that he's put in over 9 seasons and more than 200 games for Wigan, and wish him a speedy recovery.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:21 pm I appreciate the "journeyman" type player (or whatever name you'd apply) as I think every good team not only has them, but needs them.

I think this originates from bringing my lads up - one of them played 2nd row for Churwell juniors. He wasn't great on attack, and didn't get enough passes to improve, but he could tackle. I got him to develop his skills by watching Ian Potter.

Anyway, Big Willie is a hero of mine, unsung maybe, but I like him. What happened today was right in front of us - I took the granddaughter into the "family area" at the side of the main stand. I'm sure all of us wish him well, and thank him for the effort, commitment, example etc that he's put in over 9 seasons and more than 200 games for Wigan, and wish him a speedy recovery.
I'd echo your sentiment regarding Isa.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Fingers crossed we do get to see him in a Wigan shirt again. He’s been a great servant to the club and doesn’t deserve for it to end with a bad injury. As they did with Mike Cooper, the club will look after him and as he always seems to do, he’ll add plenty to the club in other ways than just on the field.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The incident was put on report, I really hope that Willie’s injury has not been caused by foul play. I think he is unlikely to play again but I hope I am wrong. Best wishes to the lad.