Isa injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
endoman

Re: Isa injury

Post by endoman »

Could Chan be an option ?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Jukesy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:57 pm
the pieman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:44 am Isa appeared to be looking round for someone in the tackle as it was straight in front of us. It didnt appear that there was anything untowards real time, with 2 sort of up top and 1 who went lower down (just watched it back on Wigan tv, and dont think anything untowards from any Cas player)

i dont think any of us know recovery time, but could be a season ender and, if it is the end of his career a disappointing way for it to finish. You cant fault his effort, commitment or fitness and he may not be everyones cup of tea, but we cant fault his commitment to the Wigan cause
Cas player dives rather than staying on his feet, and as he dives he brings his knee forwards and drops it onto Isas ankle, and because he's off his feet his whole body weight lands through his knee onto Isas ankle

Careless at the very least, reckless even
Hip drop? No matter the ban he won't be out for as long as Isa.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:24 pm
Jukesy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:57 pm
the pieman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:44 am Isa appeared to be looking round for someone in the tackle as it was straight in front of us. It didnt appear that there was anything untowards real time, with 2 sort of up top and 1 who went lower down (just watched it back on Wigan tv, and dont think anything untowards from any Cas player)

i dont think any of us know recovery time, but could be a season ender and, if it is the end of his career a disappointing way for it to finish. You cant fault his effort, commitment or fitness and he may not be everyones cup of tea, but we cant fault his commitment to the Wigan cause
Cas player dives rather than staying on his feet, and as he dives he brings his knee forwards and drops it onto Isas ankle, and because he's off his feet his whole body weight lands through his knee onto Isas ankle

Careless at the very least, reckless even
Hip drop? No matter the ban he won't be out for as long as Isa.
But Willie Isa wasn’t very happy with the ref about the tackle whether we think it’s innocuous or not. Poor Willie ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

It didn’t look much from the clip I saw but who knows I suspect he will get a bit of time off have a think about doing that again.

I did find it amusing that Willie was more concerned about the tackle than his resulting injury shows the way the man is made,tough as teak
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
MaggieH

Post by MaggieH »

Wishing Isa a full recovery. I've always liked him for his commitment and attitude.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzie58 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:43 pm It didn’t look much from the clip I saw but who knows I suspect he will get a bit of time off have a think about doing that again.

I did find it amusing that Willie was more concerned about the tackle than his resulting injury shows the way the man is made,tough as teak
Having seen it now, it really doesn't look much from that angle. Could have been an accident, but he clearly must have hit Isa's ankle with tremendous force, although you can't see it from the video.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 pm
thomo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:09 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am

Nsemba now and Walters in two or three weeks!
After these 2 I was meaning
None are near to being ready from what I’ve seen. The oldest is Finlay Beardsworth but from the bits I’ve seen, I can’t see him making the step up (hope I’m wrong).
Beardsworth is very good defensively but would need to improve go forward first. Chan can fill in as well. It's a good opportunity for Nsemba and Walters to stake a claim.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:28 pm
thomo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:09 pm
After these 2 I was meaning
None are near to being ready from what I’ve seen. The oldest is Finlay Beardsworth but from the bits I’ve seen, I can’t see him making the step up (hope I’m wrong).
Beardsworth is very good defensively but would need to improve go forward first. Chan can fill in as well. It's a good opportunity for Nsemba and Walters to stake a claim.
Will Peet play Nsemba though. My fear is that we'll see Bevan back on the wing in some bizzare reshuffle to get a Miski in the second row or something. At least next week is Cas so we should be good there, but will he trust Nsemba in any close matches. SO far the answer has been that he thinks he will (hence including NSemba on the bench) but when it comes down to it - definitely not (never bringing him on).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 pm

Will Peet play Nsemba though. My fear is that we'll see Bevan back on the wing in some bizzare reshuffle to get a Miski in the second row or something. At least next week is Cas so we should be good there, but will he trust Nsemba in any close matches. SO far the answer has been that he thinks he will (hence including NSemba on the bench) but when it comes down to it - definitely not (never bringing him on).
Jnr was unplayable at Cas.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Mike wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 pm

There is a 0.0% French will go back to the wing and Miski will play second row.

Nsemba and Walters will fight it out for the right back row slot.

Junior will have to improve his defence which I’m sure he’s working on every week.