Coming up this week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Coming up this week

Post by josie andrews »

* Five Warriors teams are in action this week.

* Men’s and Women’s First Teams are in double-header action at the DW Stadium on Friday night.

* Reserves, Scholarship and PDRL teams are also competing this week.

FIVE WARRIORS TEAMS ARE IN ACTION THIS WEEK INCLUDING A DW STADIUM DOUBLE-HEADER FEATURING OUR MEN’S AND WOMEN’S FIRST TEAMS.

Wednesday

Our Scholars side will be aiming to continue their perfect start to the season when they host Huddersfield Giants Scholars (7pm K.O.) at Ince Rose Bridge on Wednesday evening.

Friday

History will be made on Friday night when our Women’s First Team compete at the DW Stadium for the first time.

The Warriors host Barrow Raiders in their opening game of the Betfred Women’s Super League season (5:30pm K.O.) as Denis Bett’s side will be aiming to extend their winning run after they progressed to the Betfred Challenge Cup Semi-Final with a win over Cardiff Demons last time out.

Following the Women’s fixture, our Men’s First Team return to Super League action against Castleford (8pm K.O.) following their win over the Tigers in the Challenge Cup Quarter-Final.

Tickets for the clash against the Tigers remain available to purchase from the DW Stadium Ticket Office as well as online HERE. Ticket also includes entry to the Women’s Super League clash against Barrow.

Saturday

Our Reserves side kick off the action on Saturday afternoon when they take on Castleford Tigers Reserves at Robin Park Arena (12pm K.O.).

Our PDRL team compete in their first fixtures of the year when they take on Wakefield Trinity and Leeds Rhinos at West Hull Community Sports Centre – games will get underway from 1:30pm.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... s-week-60/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PF Warrior

Re: Coming up this week

Post by PF Warrior »

Thanks for what's going on this week Josie. I would love to see the Women's team and the reserves play. But without a season ticket I won't be able to.
The whole thing has been a total debacle I am fed up of either ring the ticket office or attending it to be told everything will be OK for the visit of Castleford on Friday. I'm not confident.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PF Warrior wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:35 pm Thanks for what's going on this week Josie. I would love to see the Women's team and the reserves play. But without a season ticket I won't be able to.
The whole thing has been a total debacle I am fed up of either ring the ticket office or attending it to be told everything will be OK for the visit of Castleford on Friday. I'm not confident.
I haven got mine either. I’m going to go down today after I’ve been to Wrightington Hospital to get a physical ticket for the games on Friday.

Luckily all the stewards at the DW & Robin Park know me so getting in to see the academy or reserves is okay but will get a ticket for Friday if nothing has come today 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Any news on Reserves tomorrow, Cas could hardly raise a team last week and they need two teams this week?