CCSF

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

CCSF

Post by josie andrews »

Well the fecking RFL are at it again for Wigan fans 🤬

We have to travel to bloody Doncaster for the game v HKR!! While Warrington have to travel all the bloody way to Sts ground!!

Barstewards RFL 🤬🤬🤬

Doncaster Rovers’ Eco-Power Stadium and St Helens’ Totally Wicked Stadium will host next month’s Betfred Challenge Cup men’s semi-finals, Love Rugby League can exclusively reveal.

The two ties will be played as double-headers alongside the Women’s Challenge Cup semi-finals on Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19 respectively.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ex ... ion-picked
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: CCSF

Post by endoman »

excellent, it's 25 mins away, will be a good day. Not easy as Hull and Wigan are so far apart.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

seems reasonable to me

Holds 15k (just over) and isnt Headingley

given we've drawn HKR again, the only fair way for us to play a game is have something in the middle ground. we arent going to get a game v HKR at Wire, Saints or Leigh. 2 stands for each of us to sell out (North and East / South and West) hopefully
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve not half give them a mouthful at the RFL on Twitter

And to rub salt in they’ve put Wigan Women playing at Saints before the Wire game!!

Why not play both Wigan teams at the same venue!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

I’m with you josie. We have a 2 hour drive to Doncaster and half the time from Hull. Huddersfield would have been a fairer choice distance wise. And yes why play the women’s semi final at a different ground.
Benhol123

Post by Benhol123 »

Huddersfield would have been a more neutral venue and the football should have finished, so don't know why it is not there :roll:
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

It was always dicey for us to get to the semi with gwen working but she’s taken the half day in the hope of it being at worst Huddersfield but Doncaster nah not for us sadly.

For me it should have been the Giants stadium unless of course it’s unavailable as that’s about the halfway mark for both teams .
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
endoman

Post by endoman »

Hudds possibly unavailable if having a pitch reno.
Dr Zaius

Post by Dr Zaius »

Headingley is pretty much equidistant between the two teams but wasn't available so they've gone for the backup option of Doncaster instead.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Sorry - have I got this right? Our women play at Saints and our men at Doncaster? Are they mad?