Warrington v Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Ipinwigan

Re: Warrington v Saints

Post by Ipinwigan »

I have been looking on the redvee (scum forum) and they are all ready to set up a lynch mob and hang Wellans after their loss. They are all saying that they have no attack, or speed and are playing conservative rugby.
Very much like our forum from seasons gone by.
Great to see the wheels coming off at stains, hopefully it will continue.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Ipinwigan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 am I have been looking on the redvee (scum forum) and they are all ready to set up a lynch mob and hang Wellans after their loss. They are all saying that they have no attack, or speed and are playing conservative rugby.
It’s hard when you see a team start to break up after such a long period of dominance Wigan let’s be fair where in limbo for a good few years till Peet started working his mojo on the team

No I feel we should bow our heads for a second to mark,perhaps the passing out this saints side who lest we forget gave sky it’s wonderful catchphrase of “drive for five”,oh how many times did they say that through a game,yes now our heads for that second and guffaw like a lord at what has surpassed them a Wigan team that,with luck will rule the roost for a good few years.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzie58 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 am
Ipinwigan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 am I have been looking on the redvee (scum forum) and they are all ready to set up a lynch mob and hang Wellans after their loss. They are all saying that they have no attack, or speed and are playing conservative rugby.
It’s hard when you see a team start to break up after such a long period of dominance Wigan let’s be fair where in limbo for a good few years till Peet started working his mojo on the team

No I feel we should bow our heads for a second to mark,perhaps the passing out this saints side who lest we forget gave sky it’s wonderful catchphrase of “drive for five”,oh how many times did they say that through a game,yes now our heads for that second and guffaw like a lord at what has surpassed them a Wigan team that,with luck will rule the roost for a good few years.
I don’t see why we shouldn’t Fozzie if we get our forward planning right.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:15 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 am

I don’t see why we shouldn’t Fozzie if we get our forward planning right.
Completely agree with you Chariots,and wants more ive every confidence in the club to do just that,itll be interesting to see how St Helens go about the rebuild though already fans are moaning after Sunday it will's we know all to well be a few years when they do take the plunge and go for youth you have to have confidence in the coaching staff as supporters and if the cracks are already begging to appear in that relationship it could be a very bumpy ride.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think its far too early in the season to be calling Saints a spent force. I think they have fallen into the trap Wigan did of replacing players a year or two too late.

That said Welsby like him or not is one of the best fullbacks in the league, Makinson still one of the best wingers in the league, Dodd is a good half back, Lomax is a proven winner, Clarke is shaping up really good for them, Batchelor and Knowles very good players

They arent as strong as they were and i think they are adjusting but on their day still a problem for everyone in the league and a lot of muscle memory of big game wins
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Still had enough to beat us the others week
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:28 am I think its far too early in the season to be calling Saints a spent force. I think they have fallen into the trap Wigan did of replacing players a year or two too late.

That said Welsby like him or not is one of the best fullbacks in the league, Makinson still one of the best wingers in the league, Dodd is a good half back, Lomax is a proven winner, Clarke is shaping up really good for them, Batchelor and Knowles very good players

They arent as strong as they were and i think they are adjusting but on their day still a problem for everyone in the league and a lot of muscle memory of big game wins
I agree saints are far from spent but listening to a lot of there fans they dont rate dodd at all.They also dont think clarke is adding much which is expected after robys retirement
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:53 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:28 am I think its far too early in the season to be calling Saints a spent force. I think they have fallen into the trap Wigan did of replacing players a year or two too late.

I agree saints are far from spent but listening to a lot of there fans they dont rate dodd at all.They also dont think clarke is adding much which is expected after robys retirement
Dodds hit and miss, but on his day is good
Roby is the best ever Superleague era hooker so Clarke has the devils own job but i actually think hes been really good better than his Wire form for sure but he is always going to come up short.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A few observations:

• Williams was superb. Maybe the fact that he didn't choose to come back to Wigan colours some people's view?

• Good to see crucial mistakes from Lomax, Benison, Walmesley etc. And wonder boy getting wound up, but that's not unusual.

• After his minor fracas with Welsby, I'm sure Harrison put in the extra few per cent when going over Welsby as he scoried his try.

• Nicholson - what a loss! Sam Powell's contribution was also noted by the commentators if not on here???

• Finally, a note that James Harrison is a Morley lad, born in the village of Drighlington. Other Morley born players include Karl Harrison, Garreth Carvell, Nick Scruton, Stevie Ward and . . . John Bentley!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pearsy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am Still had enough to beat us the others week
Getting to play against 12 men for over 30 minutes will do that for you.

They are still a top team and even with that us.playing badly and Saints getting away murder they still had.to rely on us being down to 12
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.