CCSF

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: CCSF

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:26 pm According to Google, Huddersfield is 76 miles from Hull and 41 miles from Wigan. Doncaster is 47 from Hull and 83 from Wigan.
I guess the size of the ground is better for TV, and that cost and availability have to be factored in too.
Having us playing at St Helens would cause outrage amongst the Rovers fans, and having Wire and Huddersfield playing in Yorkshire would be plain daft as Fartown is the nearest Yorkshire club to the Lancashire* border, whilst Hull KR is furthest.
I don’t think the distance is an issue for many it’s the travel time.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Does it matter?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:56 pm Does it matter?
Clearly to some it does reading comments on here and social media

I personally think its better than Leeds last year as that was just plain ignorant how we got stuck outside, whilst the KR fans had 3 stands with a roof.

If Headingley isnt available, then this is probably one of the next best options but also at 15k isnt going to look empty as long as we do a good job selling tickets

York could have been another option, but again thats quite a bit closer to Hull than Doncaster
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

It's just a pity that there is no decent stadium up in Cumbria. It would have been the ideal place to take one of the semi finals and would have provided a major boost to all cumbrian rugby fans and dare I say it put a few extra bums on seats.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:50 pm If memory serves me right it was 1992 semi final versus Bradford at Bolton, that was the last time we played a Yorkshire team in a semi in Lancashire
I believe that was the day Henderson Gill scored for Bradford and was cheered by Wigan fans all the way back down the touchline.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:50 pm If memory serves me right it was 1992 semi final versus Bradford at Bolton, that was the last time we played a Yorkshire team in a semi in Lancashire
your right, after this we played Oldham and London and still ended up in yorkshire too
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:15 pm
I believe that was the day Henderson Gill scored for Bradford and was cheered by Wigan fans all the way back down the touchline.
Did Offiah get 5 try’s that match?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yes he did whilst offiah was terrorising gerald cordle on the other
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 pm
Yes he did whilst offiah was terrorising gerald cordle on the other
i'm just watching highlights on you tube - what a performance and team that was. Bell and Lydon were lightening and i've just got a massive smile on my face seeing some of the rugby they played that day and then to top if off Offiah scored one of his classics turning everyone inside and out
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Yes I watched you tube highlights after my original post, and to think people called St Helens the entertainers