Re: agent millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mean Dean posted:
Bradford are a good side without question but they got well and truely turned over at saints plus Deacon was missing we need to get Fletcher fit and installed as Captain and for me i would put young Gleeson in insted of the FANTASIC DV the guy has done nothing in two years.
Well Brown was dropped due to poor play so unless he swaps one useless player for another next week maybe the time will come for Gleeson or Goulding sooner rather than later.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

5 tries on the last tackle. So whilst it is not good to conceded any try. They scored in the main through last tackle confusion when the kicking game etc comes into play.

Must confess I am glad I did not go as it seems like those who went struggled to see much through the fog
Boonie

Post by Boonie »

Well how far behind with points and position of the table do we have to be before milward does something about the way wigan are playing because at this rate we will be RELAGATED for sure!!!

:angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Boonie posted:
Well how far behind with points and position of the table do we have to be before milward does something about the way wigan are playing because at this rate we will be RELAGATED for sure!!!

:angry:
He isn't stupid. He knows where we are. I don't see any point getting wound up over this loss. Losses to les Cats, Leeds, Salford, Cas - yes, disasters all of them but under the circumstances I am almost thinking "So what, never expected to win this anyway".

I think quite a few people expected a bigger loss and just for the record ours iosn't the worst points difference in the league.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I know in present circumstances it looks bad but I honestly do not think we will be relegated. Many hit the panic button last season and we ended up nowhere near relegation. I am not pretending it is acceptable and I am as gutted as anybody. As a 35 year old I hve largely been spoiled watching great Wigan teams. Whilst hurting I believe we will fight our way out of this current disasturous state of affairs.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
I know in present circumstances it looks bad but I honestly do not think we will be relegated. Many hit the panic button last season and we ended up nowhere near relegation. I am not pretending it is acceptable and I am as gutted as anybody. As a 35 year old I hve largely been spoiled watching great Wigan teams. Whilst hurting I believe we will fight our way out of this current disasturous state of affairs.
Expectations were high and so the fact the coach and the team have let the fans down makes the pain cut that much deeper, there is no doubt about that.

I don't know if we will get relegatedor not to be honest. We have given Cas the ammunition to help us down to NL1 with Sculthorpe who had we the sense to put a recall clause in his loan would have been out on the pitch tonight. They have also been lucky to pickup Ward so have the basis of a pack to keep them up.

My problem is finding a side worse than us at the minute.

I can't go next week either and so I am just hoping to come on here to find people posting about genuine improvements in terms of comittment and execution.

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mean Dean posted:
Bradford are a good side without question but they got well and truely turned over at saints plus Deacon was missing
But when was the last time we beat Bradford in Bradford? IIRC the last time was when Cowie popped over that drop-goal and that's about 5 or 6 years ago now. Even before the season this fixture would have been seen as a potential loss, so the fact we kept the score to a reasonable level has to be seen as an improvement.

Someone sent me a picture from the game tonight, you can see the near goal sticks but nothing more than that. Definitely glad of my late stint in the office! Just a shame I've got to wait until Good Friday at the earliest to see some more rugby, I've somehow managed to time things so that I miss all 3 games away at Wakefield this year (including the cup game).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
Well I didn't think we would win tonight and a score like that could have happended to any side playing Bradford at Odsal.

I am still dissapointed we lost and didn't get closer to them but if the team played for 80 mins and put the effort in that is a small step in the right direction.

So I was going to say I would therefore be waiting eagerly for match reports from those who went but I wonder if they could tell what was going on one way or the other.

From the report on the cub site I do think the game should have been called off. Not because it would have saved us a loss but it really is a joke in the summer rugby era if the fans can't see the game for the fog.

Dave
Sorry dave i went i cant give you a match report you saw more than me :conf: Gave ashton mom he was the only player i could see even though he was behind our sticks catching the ball ,then running in to the fog and that was it :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME