Referee for Friday!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Referee for Friday!

Post by Mike »

Seems like the crack down on high tackles has worked. Hardly any in the last few weeks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:36 pm Seems like the crack down on high tackles has worked. Hardly any in the last few weeks.
Very true, but let’s hope the tackling height is not reduced further.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:36 pm Seems like the crack down on high tackles has worked. Hardly any in the last few weeks.
Very true, but let’s hope the tackling height is not reduced further.
Below the shoulder next year isn’t it?

Let’s be honest here has the crackdown on tackles round the head had any meaningful impact on the enjoyment of the game? Not for me it hasn’t quite why people where moaning about baffled me the sport is still the same but perhaps a little safer
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

isnt it being reduced to below the armpit?, if so yesterdays game would have been radically different
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I doubt anyone would notice after about round 10 next season. It will be normal, just like the rules that were "killing the game" a month ago are now normal.

The first three rounds will be the end of the world mind. :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

I also would say that the ref seemed to have relaxed a bit, as there were plenty of high tackles seemingly ignored too, as well as forward passes, offsides... but at least this was consistent
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:47 pm I doubt anyone would notice after about round 10 next season. It will be normal, just like the rules that were "killing the game" a month ago are now normal.

The first three rounds will be the end of the world mind. :D
I think they have got it just about right now.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:09 pm I also would say that the ref seemed to have relaxed a bit, as there were plenty of high tackles seemingly ignored too, as well as forward passes, offsides... but at least this was consistent
Massive forward pass by Leeming in the build-up to one of our tries, the second?