Important Information: Season Tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Raging Penguin

Re: Important Information: Season Tickets

Post by Raging Penguin »

I feel the damage is going to be more reflective next season, even if in a form of protest at the handling of this situation, albeit i do not know how many fans have received their tickets correctly.

Maybe I am missing something, but surely they could have just been fully open about the situation from the beginning and then action an alternative procedure for this season with the idea of implementing the new system from next season (and not push the propaganda, such as the carbon footprint e.c.t.)

For people that went to the Castleford game, was there much disruption or was the collecting tickets, getting in and out of the stadium as it usually is?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Had two girls next to us in the West who had paper tickets for the row behind the same seats as season ticket holders who’ve been there since day dot
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:32 pm I feel the damage is going to be more reflective next season, even if in a form of protest at the handling of this situation, albeit i do not know how many fans have received their tickets correctly.

Maybe I am missing something, but surely they could have just been fully open about the situation from the beginning and then action an alternative procedure for this season with the idea of implementing the new system from next season (and not push the propaganda, such as the carbon footprint e.c.t.)

For people that went to the Castleford game, was there much disruption or was the collecting tickets, getting in and out of the stadium as it usually is?
For all the club is getting right and there is an awful lot, I think they’re falling way short on communication. There has been the odd update on the ticketing issues but not much. It’s felt like there are that many issues that they should’ve been in constant communication and been actively looking to reach out to people with issues but there has been a mentality of burying your head and hoping it goes away.

The lack of communication around reserves and academy fixtures has been a frustration of mine since Covid. I believe the reserves were on Wigan TV this morning but where was that communicated? I didn’t see it and would’ve watched it. Updates on those fixtures are next to none existent on social media as well. I laughed when Beaumont made a fool of himself (again) in having a go at the person in charge of their Twitter page during our fixture, slamming the lack of updates. It’s a good job he doesn’t have to put up with Wigans offerings!

The club is brilliant, Rads is, Peet is, the work in the community is but there are still areas you can improve and communication is the big one for us.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:32 pm I feel the damage is going to be more reflective next season, even if in a form of protest at the handling of this situation, albeit i do not know how many fans have received their tickets correctly.

The electronic season tickets worked as did the turnstiles for those with a physical ticket. At my gate there was a bloke who was struggling with his phone for a bit but got in eventually so I suspect for the less technically adept last night was a learning curve and thing will be speedier next time. I was expecting longer queues particularly as I arrived later than I usually do due to roadworks but it was fine at the gates on the East Stand.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

They just let you in. My ticket isn't working in the wallet (no was to activate NFC on my phone) so they let me through.

If I have to mess about with a Eticket next year I'm done with ST. For the amount you pay (yes cheaper than other sports but still alot) a actual card should be standard.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:14 pm

They just let you in. My ticket isn't working in the wallet (no was to activate NFC on my phone) so they let me through.

If I have to mess about with a Eticket next year I'm done with ST. For the amount you pay (yes cheaper than other sports but still alot) a actual card should be standard.
I can’t commit to a season ticket because of holidays and work, so I don’t say this from the POV of feeling personally undervalued but I think the club are getting the season ticket strategy wrong. They are trying to push it to a situation where you just get sent a QR code on your phone, which is a world away from the Leigh set up (for example), which is to offer ST holders different membership levels, which come with a physical season ticket and additional merchandise packages, all issued in a presentation box. To me that will make people feel valued.

The whole idea of a season ticket to me is that people commit funds up front, which scratches the clubs back and in return they try and make you feel valued and give you added benefits people like me, who pay game to game, don’t get and it ticks along nicely. This season, you’re being forced in to an E Ticket where possible, so you don’t even get a piece of plastic with your name on and they then offered tickets for a fiver for that Huddersfield game, so savings were then pretty much wiped out in a lot of cases.

I believe they need a rethink about it all, especially now we’ve had all these ticket site issues. Get some exclusivity back in to having a season ticket.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

We don't buy season tickets for the savings as we miss enough games to negate any savings but so to keep the same seats every year (and get priority away and cup game sales) as we have got to know a lot of locals around us over the years and they have become (Wigan) friends . This now seems to be a problem with ST renewal which would be a deal breaker for a lot of people .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

For a club that bangs on about how the community is so important they haven’t half pissed off their community of season tickets holders.

Empty words aren’t cutting it so a big rethink needs to done in regards to season tickets to make people feel well valued.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

I pretty much agree with everything above. We didn’t go on Friday due to me just having had a heart pacemaker fitted, but looking forward to Cats in 2 weeks. Still no season tickets of course. Girl on the ticket office last week said it could be a month. Paid, of course, in August.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Still no season ticket.
Rang ticket office to ask about Thursday
Seemed very promising as they immediately emailed me my digital season ticket out.
However, you click on the add to wallet link and it just takes takes me straight to the eticketing page to see what tickets I would like to buy!
All games televised now, the club need to be very careful.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS