Wigan Warriors’ goal-kicking stance confirmed by head coach Matt Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Re: Wigan Warriors’ goal-kicking stance confirmed by head coach Matt Peet

Post by DaiJones »

Glad to see this. I remember how Pat Richards' all round play improved massively when he was given the responsibility for goal kicking and I hope we will see Keighran grow in confidence too. Think it well help Harry Smith too
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan, were left worrying about star Adam Keighran, who went off the field with strapping around his leg.
However, head coach Matt Peet said there wasn’t too much to worry about: “Adam is okay. If Zach [Eckersley] wasn’t on the bench, he would have been good to play on.”
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super-le ... ens-90561/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Isnt sam walters back for fridays game? Hope so
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:21 pm Isnt sam walters back for fridays game? Hope so
Me too. Been dying to see him this season
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mickw wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:05 pm The stats say keighran is the better kicker, this should have been sorted in pre season, fortunately it hasn't cost us.

Agreed. I could not understand Peet naming Smith as the kicker as he did at the start of the season. Smith kicked well towards the end of last season but he had periods where he was missing too many. At least he’s changed his mind before we lost a close game on goal kicks.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:03 pm The amount of posters on here that know better than World Champion coach Matty Peet is astounding
Well this is one for the armchair coaches who were saying AK should have been given the job when Peet announced Smith was the goal kicker at the start of the season. They were right weren’t they.