Tyler Dupree

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Tyler Dupree

Post by josie andrews »

Tyler Dupree: The Forward putting others first

https://x.com/superleague/status/178283 ... 3wQUEE0zxA
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
w.thomas

Re: Tyler t Dupree

Post by w.thomas »

Class forward and I’ve really liked what I’ve seen from him off the field. Seems like a good lad who has his head screwed on. Looks like he’s really bought into the ethos at Wigan as well so you can’t go wrong with that.
josie andrews

Re: Tyler Dupree

Post by josie andrews »

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Thanks for posting this Josie. A great watch showing just what a class act Tyler is off the field as well as on it. A genuinely top young lad who is a great example to others. He came over to us after the London game, took some selfies, thanked us for following the team and said he hoped to meet us again. That meant the world to my lad who is on the autistic spectrum…he left the ground on cloud 909! :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

M6 Warrior wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 pm Thanks for posting this Josie. A great watch showing just what a class act Tyler is off the field as well as on it. A genuinely top young lad who is a great example to others. He came over to us after the London game, took some selfies, thanked us for following the team and said he hoped to meet us again. That meant the world to my lad who is on the autistic spectrum…he left the ground on cloud 909! :D
He is a good sort Tyler. He auctioned his England shirt off at a tenner per ticket there were one hundred tickets ( I bought 2) with the proceeds going to The Brick.

When we were at Salford a guy pushed me out of the way to have picture with Tyler, I was waiting for my friend to get to me so wasn’t paying attention to him. The guy pushed me that hard I went backwards over the advertising hoardings! Tyler stopped me falling to the floor & helped me back up.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That's all so lovely to hear. And reinforces what I strongly believe; the good that rugby league does to the community, and the good example it sets to our kids, girls as well as boys. Which is another good thing; rugby certainly isn't for all girls, nor all boys either, but the options should be there all kids in all sports.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dupree: Loving every moment

* Tyler Dupree spoke to the press ahead of Friday’s Round 9 Betfred Super League Clash with Hull KR.

* Dupree: “I’m loving every moment of this journey and not taking anything for granted.”

* Watch previews with Matt Peet and Tyler Dupree on Wigan TV HERE.

TYLER DUPREE HAS REFLECTED ON HIS TIME WITH THE WARRIORS SO FAR AS WIGAN PREPARE TO FACE HULL KR IN ROUND 9 OF THE BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE.

After joining the Warriors from Salford Red Devils mid-way through the 2023 season, Dupree lifted the Super League trophy, the League Leaders Shield and the World Club Challenge in 11 appearances.

Reflecting on his nine months at Wigan, Dupree said: “It’s been a whirlwind of a journey in which I’ve achieved things I never expected to have achieved in such a short space year after arriving. It was hard coming into a place with such a big winning culture, but that made me only want to prove myself more and buy into the Wigan way.”

On settling into life at the Club, Dupree said: “The environment at Wigan is so family orientated which is why I feel like I’ve been here for a while even though I haven’t. I’m loving every moment of this journey and not taking anything for granted. I feel like I’ve matured a lot on and off the pitch, and that everything has been positive since I’ve arrived.”

After starting in the Betfred Super League Grand Final victory over Catalans Dragons at Old Trafford, Dupree featured for England in their series win over Tonga before returning for pre-season in December.

On his first pre-season with the Warriors, Dupree said: “It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most as it’s notorious for being brutal. Pre-season benefited me massively not only in terms of my physique, but also in the way I’ve grown more into the culture.”

Dupree, who has made nine appearances for the Warriors this season – four starts and five from the bench – highlighted the strength of competition within the squad: “We brought in some great players ahead of the season and there’s also some great youth players coming through. That competition is driving everyone to be their best as we know we cannot take our foot off as there is someone ready to take a place.”

Speaking on improvements, Dupree added: “There’s always room for improvement within my performances. I liaise with Matty [Peet], Tommy [Leuluai] and Lockers [Sean O’Loughlin] to see where I can improve, and now it’s about working on those areas each week so when it comes to games I’m just putting in the practice.”

Looking ahead to Friday night’s clash at Craven Park, Dupree said: “Hull KR are a great team so it will be another good test at this stage in the season. As always we will go into the game with a focus on ourselves and our own game as we know that when we are at our best there isn’t many teams who can beat us.”

Watch full previews with Matt Peet and Tyler Dupree on Wigan TV HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... ry-moment/