Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzie58

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Post by fozzie58 »

medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm When you are gathering momentum don't rest players, not rocket science like, It's gone tits up since the London match, oh well had enough, time for some Murder She Wrote I reckon
Agreed you really shouldn’t be resting players they’ve only played 8 games ffs
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Saints70 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 pm I'm a shocked by this performance but That ref call though everyone stopped let's the Hull player pick it up then after another 10 second calls play on.
As a saints fan why should they be given a refund ?????? It looks like the old arroganceof the early 1990's has returned, you dont have a god given right to win every game, ellery , edwards , bell and offiah are long gone
That’s a bit rich from a saints fan.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

First peet era game for we where we had our backs against the wall and capitulated. Other matches we had reason down to 12 men, dodgy calls.

Tonight none, worst defensive performance in years but signs have been their all season.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm I will say I’ve never been convinced having French at halfback
Me neither but on a good note i reckon we will smash these men in the semi
I don’t. We always seem to struggle against Hull Kr. At the moment we just aren’t good enough.
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm I will say I’ve never been convinced having French at halfback
I don’t. We always seem to struggle against Hull Kr. At the moment we just aren’t good enough.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 pm First peet era game for we where we had our backs against the wall and capitulated. Other matches we had reason down to 12 men, dodgy calls.

Tonight none, worst defensive performance in years but signs have been their all season.
It has and to keep chopping and changing the team hasn’t helped matters the performance has been coming all season tbh
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

I don’t and I think we agreed to disagree last season on the score 😂we shall see
WIGIAN13

Post by WIGIAN13 »

Schooled by two half backs three if you count Willie Peters . Ran us ragged off loads killed our defence . Hate him but Lewis pissed all over Bevan , why didn't we bring Harry Smith on ? Oh hang on he was on the pitch , missed that. Here's an idea try and get a repeat set on tackle 5 and some possession.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Terrible performance where we made a decent side look like the 82 Kangaroos but no need for the inevitable over-reactions. We were second best all over the park but if Thompson collects that kick at 18-4 suddenly it is a different game even so.

We clearly peaked for the WCC and are struggling to raise the intensity but it is April and no side is playing with any consistency in the comp at the moment. Every confidence we will be fine come September when we need to be, let’s not forget we served up a fair few mediocre displays until that sea change win away in France last season.
A poor day at the office like this is good prep for a winning semi final display hopefully as we certainly won’t be taking them lightly now
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Will be reet for Thursday
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame