Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Post by NICKYKISS »

I must be watching a different Leeming most weeks. Outside of a mare at Saints, I think he’s added threat when he’s come on to the field and has been a good point of difference for us. He caused KR plenty of problems last night. He ran for 101 metres from 10 carries and made 21 tackles, with zero misses. I’m Brad O’Neill’s biggest fan but that was probably the quietest game I’ve seen him have in the first team and I actually thought Leeming lifted the side when he came on.

It’s a game of opinions I suppose but there are one or two players spots I’d be questioning before Leeming as things stand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm I must be watching a different Leeming most weeks. Outside of a mare at Saints, I think he’s added threat when he’s come on to the field and has been a good point of difference for us. He caused KR plenty of problems last night. He ran for 101 metres from 10 carries and made 21 tackles, with zero misses. I’m Brad O’Neill’s biggest fan but that was probably the quietest game I’ve seen him have in the first team and I actually thought Leeming lifted the side when he came on.

It’s a game of opinions I suppose but there are one or two players spots I’d be questioning before Leeming as things stand.
His passing from dummy half is not good enough and it is something that he badly needs to sort out. Our half backs need quick quality passes and they are simply not getting them. I accept that he needs time to bed in and therefore I am happy to wait and see what he delivers as the season goes on. Perhaps we need to change our tactics to accommodate him e.g. our forwards landing on their front to create a quick play the ball. I’d be interested to learn which players you think should be left out of the team.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Got to be honest so far ive found Leeming a tad underwhelming, plenty of time yet of course and the injury didn't help but so far, for me at least a tad underwhelming.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am The curse of the black third away shirt continues.Stick to blue from now on boys
I said the same before the game if we lose again wearing the black shirt it gets binned!!
said to gwen if its another rlosss it would never be worn against this day I don't know where last years blue kit went and ive threatened the black shirt with the same treatment..gwen just thinks im an idiot :lol:
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm I must be watching a different Leeming most weeks. Outside of a mare at Saints, I think he’s added threat when he’s come on to the field and has been a good point of difference for us. He caused KR plenty of problems last night. He ran for 101 metres from 10 carries and made 21 tackles, with zero misses. I’m Brad O’Neill’s biggest fan but that was probably the quietest game I’ve seen him have in the first team and I actually thought Leeming lifted the side when he came on.

His passing from dummy half is not good enough and it is something that he badly needs to sort out. Our half backs need quick quality passes and they are simply not getting them. I accept that he needs time to bed in and therefore I am happy to wait and see what he delivers as the season goes on. Perhaps we need to change our tactics to accommodate him e.g. our forwards landing on their front to create a quick play the ball. I’d be interested to learn which players you think should be left out of the team.
Running for over 100 metres from 10 carries would suggest he got opportunities last night to make an impact and I felt he did that. I’ll have to pay more attention to his distribution because I’ve not really noticed either way as to the quality of it.

In terms of players I think ‘should’ be left out, there aren’t any just yet but I said a couple should be in a conversation for their spots going forward, so I’m saying they need to improve before it reaches that stage. One is Adam Keighran for me. I’m not at the stage of leaving him out but we need more from him and an increase in workrate should be a priority. The props have so much competition they can’t have a game off and none of them fired last night, so a couple could be in danger for next week with Byrne back and Hill waiting for a chance. I’d say a few others have been well off their best over the course of the season to date so far (Faz, Smith and Miski spring to mind) but they have credit in the bank and as I’ve said previously, there is no need for OTT reactions after a poor performance.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Miski? I actually thought he was one of our better performers on a poor night. Not saying he was good, but hardly the worst.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 am Miski? I actually thought he was one of our better performers on a poor night. Not saying he was good, but hardly the worst.
Not as good as he was last eason to my eye. Just not making the impact on the out sets.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Forber gives a good quick ball from acting half give him a go nothing to lose
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Summing up the match their two ball players Lewis and May and their pivots Litter and Minichello outplayed ours and were given room by our defence to run riot in the return match we must play with a bit of enthusiasm and shut them down over to you lockers
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Mike wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 am
moto748 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 am Miski? I actually thought he was one of our better performers on a poor night. Not saying he was good, but hardly the worst.
Not as good as he was last eason to my eye. Just not making the impact on the out sets.
The sage-like wife of mine would agree with you Miski just hasn’t found that form from last season